Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A few photos from the "Corn City"

Date: 04/24/14 10:01
A few photos from the "Corn City"
Author: EL-SD45-3632

These are a few day late however, you know what they say, better late than never. Good Friday was a busy day in Deshler and I was at the south end of Deshler to record these images of three trains, all of which, I have no ID's because my scanner was in a different vehicle that my better half was driving.

First we see a southbound with a NS leader with two UP units and two CSX units (shutdown) and along for the ride. Soon after that, a second southbound showed with CSX power both waiting on the northbound as you see in the image. They all met and the first one south was the CSX powered freight because he was on short time and that did not make the crew happy of the NS powered train because he was there for about an hour before the second freight showed. The red truck in the image was a railfan that pulled up and snapped a couple and quickly left. Hope you enjoy...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/14 10:04 by EL-SD45-3632.

Date: 04/24/14 10:02
Re: A few photos from the "Corn City"
Author: EL-SD45-3632

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/14 10:11 by EL-SD45-3632.

Date: 04/24/14 13:10
Author: Seventyfive

Hope we enjoy? You bet! Great photos, and, as always, nothing beats B&O color position light signals!

Date: 04/24/14 17:40
Author: TamaquaTim

Great shots. We are headed to Deshler May 29th, could you give me directions to this location? We want to photo these old signals before they are gone.
Thanks, TT.

Date: 04/24/14 18:07
Author: agrafton

Very nice images

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds