Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Gilman Illinois today

Date: 04/24/14 12:10
Gilman Illinois today
Author: ns2557

Spent the better part of the morning today waiting to head north out of Gilman Il. While here got out and checked the town out abit. Here are some shots of the relatievly busy hours from 0900 to about 1130 or so. First train was a SB off the CN/IC west/south to the Gilman District/Sub. NS 8414 led thru the interlocker. Second shot was this SB M343 w/CN 2821/2826 doing the honors. Rather long train this one was. Didn't catch the axle count on it from the detector north at the 77MP tho. Next up was a NB that was waiting at the south side of the TPW diamond here. CN 2429/2261/2534 led this one north. Don't know which train this was tho. This one I did get the axle count on, it had 570, so with 18 axles of power, that made for 138 cars behind the power. That Ex IC Station there sure still looks good. Next was SB Amtrak Train 391, the Saluki led by AMT 824. It was abit off the advertised on it's journey thru here. 3 more to follow..... Ben (Sorry about how the Amtrak shot appears here, I took it in the vertical and hoped it would post that way here, but no luck.)

Date: 04/24/14 12:26
Re: Gilman Illinois today
Author: ns2557

Next three, The Gilman Local was in what there is of a yard here and was just getting started when I got up this way from my walk. CN 2539 and UP 4502 were the power for this local. That would be shots 4 & 5. Next was another NS train. NS 8331/9624 made there way up from the south and had to wait for awhile to be able to work the elevator along the CN/IC Main here. Not sure which way he was headed after getting the cars together, but he had a bit of work to do and also had to get out of the way of the M371 which came by while I was on my way back to the truck at the Pilot here. That 371, btw, was 162 cars and was led by CN 2451/IC 1020/CN 2570. I knew CN/IC ran long trains, but man, was that a long one. The one thing I did not see was any action on the TPW thru here, if that is indeed what it is still known as. Anyone know what kind of schedule they work thru this area? (That being the TPW/?). TFL at all the shots. Cya next time. Ben

Date: 04/24/14 18:12
Re: Gilman Illinois today
Author: agrafton

Very nice images here.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0538 seconds