Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Luck With LV Heritage Unit Today

Date: 04/24/14 16:15
Luck With LV Heritage Unit Today
Author: RDG630

Went heritage hunting today in south Jersey hoping to get NS 8104(LV)on a train to Westville from Camden. Spent the morning poking around then went north to Camden and found it as the 3rd unit on train 39G bound for Allentown, Pa. Took some photos and left knowing it was getting a late start. Normally it works Frankford Jct. in Philly between one and three hours so I thought I had seen the last of it. On the way home decided to show the Columbia Bridge location in Fairmount park to my compatriots. Thought if we got lucky we might catch a CSX train on the bridge before going home. Well, bingo, saw a train coming through the trees and lo and behold it was 39G - apparently it did not work at Frankford. Enjoy the photos.

Date: 04/24/14 17:13
Re: Luck With LV Heritage Unit Today
Author: ConrailQ5648

It never did work Frankford, since it has the CA15 crew take it out of Camden. It's parked down the street from my house at HP 7.7 right now. It's been there all day...

Nice shots!

Date: 04/24/14 17:20
Author: dschlegel

That looks like a neat location, is it at the north end of the park?
Nice shots!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/24/14 18:17
Author: RDG630

It is just off I76 at the Montgomery Drive exit

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds