Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Conrail Heritage debut on the former Conrail Riverline.

Date: 08/08/14 18:33
Conrail Heritage debut on the former Conrail Riverline.
Author: dwi189

Thursday, August 7, 2014 was an exciting day for Conrail Riverline railfans as the NS/CR Heritage 8098 made its first run down the CSX RiverSub to NJ....

Those railfans lucky enough (including myself) to have the day free yesterday made their way trackside to witness the return of Big Blue in classic can opener paint scheme to the former Conrail Riverline.

Railfans were on hand to witness the Conrail Heritage unit lead a Q008 South through River Sub CP-43 in Fort Montgomery, NY as it rolled past the new Mine Dock Park on its way to its terminus in Northern NJ.....Dave Williams

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/08/14 20:52
Re: Conrail Heritage debut on the former Conrail Riverl
Author: MrTransportation

Dave thank you for showing your video. I wish knew about it was able to get up there for that. Oh well, I guess a video will do. :-)

Date: 08/09/14 03:29

MrTransportation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dave thank you for showing your video. I wish knew
> about it was able to get up there for that. Oh
> well, I guess a video will do. :-)

Thanks....This is actually the first Heritage unit that I was able to catch on the River Sub.....All the other River Sub Heritage moves thus far, such as the Virginian, Nickel Plate, etc... ran on days I had to work...or some ran at the wrong time of day such as overnight so the Conrail move finally broke the streak of bad luck for me....Dave W.

Date: 08/09/14 13:58
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!! NS 8098 is one that I need in the lead yet.....!!

Date: 08/09/14 14:57

ns1000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice video!!! NS 8098 is one that I need in the
> lead yet.....!!

Thanks....I did not sleep well Wed nite into Thurs morning....waking up to listen to the scanner at home and to check internet reports on the Q008's progress.....I had a hard time deciding where to snag it.

I considered shooting it from the overlook atop Anthony's Nose Mtn on the East shore...then I considered catching it from a vantagepoint of the sidewalk of the Bear Mountain Bridge.

I was also considering catching it from the Walkway over the Hudson up at Highland and finally decided upon a trackside view at Fort Montgomery.Dave W

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/14 15:01 by dwi189.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds