Home Open Account Help 199 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Q133 Down Main St. (La Grange, KY)

Date: 08/09/14 03:18
CSX Q133 Down Main St. (La Grange, KY)
Author: zchcsse

Last week I had the opportunity to spend some time in La Grange, KY to view CSX's street running operation there. I arrived around 5pm and waited around for about 2.5 hours to catch this first train. Another train came through right at dusk and a third just after nightfall, however this clip just features the first, evening train.

It's fascinating watching the chaos that results from an approaching train here, especially southbounds as they are essentially travelling the opposite direction of the lane of car traffic they are within. Case in point, at the beginning of this clip a Jeep is seen flipping a quick U-turn as it had to do something to get out of the way of the train. It's also interesting to watch life resume after the passing of the train and seeing the street fill right back up with cars and people.

I went back at dawn the next morning for a few hours and came up empty-handed with any more trains, but still had a nice time walking around the town and enjoying a cup of coffee on a sidewalk bench. So even though the sporadic train traffic can prove frustrating, La Grange is definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

Thanks for watching!

-Tom

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/09/14 07:46
Re: CSX Q133 Down Main St. (La Grange, KY)
Author: BaltoJoey

Interesting

Date: 08/09/14 09:59
Author: Out_Of_Service

it's like the old Dick Tracy cartoons when Tracy comes into town all the cars from an overhead view pull over leaving Tracy to fly around the city streets in his police cruiser with lights a flashin and sirens a blarin ... after Tracy's cruiser goes by the cartoon traffic resumes to it's usual city streets gridlock

Date: 08/09/14 14:02
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!! Thanks for sharing. I will add that to my list of places to check out.

Date: 08/13/14 21:39
Author: DRGW5502

Once they get the head end past street running they really do highball

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds