Home Open Account Help 145 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > L&C VP tells the untold story of the I-77 Megasite

Date: 08/20/14 07:15
L&C VP tells the untold story of the I-77 Megasite
Author: joethephotog

An interesting look behind the scenes at how the Lancaster and Chester marketed the I-77 Mega Site and how they finally landed a customer for it earlier this year. The Mega Site is at Exit 65 in Chester county (South Carolina) where the interstate meets SC Hwy. 9. The L&C's original line crosses through the mega site. Giti Tire just announced a larger production facility there, their first in America.

This link should work. The paper gives browsers something like fifteen free stories a month.
--------------------------------------

The Carolinas I-77 Megasite, located along Lancaster Highway almost opposite the Gateway Conference Center, has been in the news a lot lately. The site is ripe for industrial development and will will be the home of the Giti Tire facility, and is ready for other industrial development in the future.

To hear Steve Gedney tell it, that Megasite has been ready for a while.

Gedney a senior vice president with the Lancaster & Chester Railroad, which is now owned by the Gulf & Ohio, told Richburg Town Council he has been working on the Megasite since 1990. Gedney briefed the council at their August meeting on the story behind the Megasite.

MORE @ http://www.onlinechester.com/content/lc-vp-tells-untold-story-i-77-megasite

Date: 08/20/14 07:36
Re: L&C VP tells the untold story of the I-77 Megasite
Author: Lackawanna484

Lancaster & Chester has always been a go-getter in industrial development. I believe they bought a segment of line from one of the majors and built that out, as well.

Date: 08/20/14 08:51
Author: ts1457

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lancaster & Chester has always been a go-getter in
> industrial development. I believe they bought a
> segment of line from one of the majors and built
> that out, as well.

Any shortline that can connect with two major railroads should be golden when it comes to industrial development. Throw in Interstate access to boot ....

Date: 08/21/14 17:52
Author: joethephotog

They've been running the old Southern SB line in Lancaster since 2001.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds