Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Greenwich..the Diamond!

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 08/28/14 16:07
Greenwich..the Diamond!
Author: agrafton

This past Tuesday nancyg and I went for a ride out to Willard so I could try again with my drone, I’m still trying, in a
more wide open area. Well....it was kind of an up and down day for drone pilots but female photographers had a field day.
Our first stop was at Greenwich and the diamond where we saw about 6 trains and I did this video with four of them.
Here at Greenwich I had my best luck although one of my motors started acting up but was still able to put together a
good video with nice views and heights. Drones are notoriously noisy and I forgot to bring along my extra camera to record
sound to dub in so you'll have to enjoy a little jazz for now. So sit back and enjoy the heights of Greenwich “the Diamond”.
Thanks,
Alan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/28/14 17:52
Re: Greenwich..the Diamond!
Author: VFPNSFAN

Nice video, I like the jazz

Date: 08/28/14 18:01
Author: nancyg

I love the video, it was a fun day. We met two nice fellows from Ashland, Ken and Terry, and had lunch with Tom Boylan. I am working on my photos now, hang tight.

Nancyg

Date: 08/28/14 18:01
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice Alan. Do you know what your max altitude was?
John

Date: 08/28/14 18:17

jmbreitigan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice Alan. Do you know what your max altitude
> was?
> John

Thanks John, I flew up to about 200-250 feet, one of my quad motor acted up on lift off
and ascending causing a shuddering effect. Still learning, still fun.
Alan

Date: 08/28/14 18:17
Author: raytc1944

Nice shots. I liked that you identified the trains and I loved the jazz background music.

Date: 08/28/14 18:35
Author: cinder

You can "drone" on and on as far as I'm concerned Alan.....Great work!

Date: 08/28/14 19:22
Author: FEC2000

Nice Alan! Think it should be renamed "BNSF New Castle Sub"

Date: 08/29/14 05:09

FEC2000 Wrote:
> Nice Alan! Think it should be renamed "BNSF New
> Castle Sub"

Yeah....lol, never seen so many BNSF trains, leaders and in the engine lash ups.

Date: 08/29/14 07:28
Author: navy5717th

Greenwich, (WHERE)?????

Thanks

Fritz in HSV, AL,

Date: 08/29/14 07:33
Author: engrbill47

Nice video! Was that accompaniment George Winston?

William Jeffers, P.E.
San Dimas, CA

Date: 08/29/14 07:41
Author: BNSFHelpers

They were probably heading back west after coming east on the oil trains.....besides WE need them back out west...they keep telling us there is a power shortage:)) MJ

Date: 08/29/14 07:43
Author: Poker2662

navy5717th Wrote:
> Greenwich, (WHERE)?????
>
> Thanks
>
> Fritz in HSV, AL,

Greenwich, Ohio, USA, Earth

Date: 08/29/14 07:53
Author: 4000Class

I'm an x-pilot (You know, take it here & pile it there) & I've got to tell you that this brought a smile to my face! The sound track was a nice touch. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/14 07:55 by 4000Class.

Date: 08/29/14 09:28
Author: nm2320

Thank you for providing a first time aerial of this important crossing and connection.

Date: 08/29/14 14:26
Author: hwb36604

Great work. What drone and camera are you using?

Date: 08/29/14 16:58
Author: gmojim

Alan, you are gitting good at this,

gmojim

Date: 08/29/14 17:06

Thanks everyone, I’m running the first generation DJI Phantom 1, aka 1.1.1. My drone didn’t come with a built in camera
but had a GoPro mount and I’ve had a GoPro 3 for the last 3 years or so then I had to buy a Gimbal to keep it stable while
flying. I have paid my dues literally and financially through a big learning curve with a series of wrecks and replacement parts.
The new Phantoms come setup and are pretty easy to operate and most have FPV, first person view, I DO NOT have FPV
so flying visual when you get up over 150 feet plus its hard to seen the orientation of the Quadcopter. I’m not complaining
only saying that’s just the way it is for me plus they did not have the advanced Phantom when I bought mine.

The question about my take off location, I was on private property that did have plenty overhead wires so I flew out from under the
wires and climbed from there varying my height from 50 foot to 200 foot and the latter being over RR property and no I did not
know the RR mow truck was there. I still would have flown as long as I stayed on private property. I hope I’ve answered some
questions here and thanks again.
I do enjoy it and will continue “Droning” in the foreseeable future.
Alan

Date: 08/29/14 18:43
Author: NYC6001

It would be nice to see aerial views of some the pocket yards around Ohio and PA. Kicking cars at Ansonia, OH would look neat from the air.

Date: 08/29/14 20:14
Author: SWChief

Very nice video, Alan. I really like the jazz, too. That sounds a lot like Vince Guaraldi (the guy and his trio who wrote and recorded the music for many Peanuts/Charlie Brown TV specials and movies - especially the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" special of 1965.) Was that his music you used?

Thanks,

Greg

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1014 seconds