Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trains Mag shipping lable.

Date: 09/02/14 17:37
Trains Mag shipping lable.
Author: howeld

This months trains mag arrived with the shipping label as a sticker that could not be removed without ripping and damaging the cover. Usually it is a piece of paper that is attached with two strips of rubbery glue that is very easy to remove and doesn't leave a mark on the cover. I e-mailed Trains and they replied saying they haven't changed the way they affix the labels.

Anyone else have the label stuck on?

Thanks
Derek

Date: 09/02/14 17:56
Re: Trains Mag shipping lable.
Author: tp117

That happened to me once and removing the lable took all the color print with it. I did nothing about it, but once my monthly copy was not delivered a week after it would have come. I called and explained and without question they sent another issue. So call them; look in the front of the issue for their number. They have always been nice to their readers, and I have subscribed almost 60 years and the above two instances were the only problems I have had during that time.

Date: 09/02/14 18:11

The email i received was very courteous and they offered a new copy which i don't need as only my cover is damaged. Just the fact that they said they haven't made a change made me curious if my copy was an isolated incident.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/02/14 18:55
Author: HAMTURN

In Canada I get my TRAINS magazine neatly wrapped in a plastic sealed sleeve with my name, address and postal mark
printed on a separate sheet of paper.

Bill Turner
Hamilton Ont.

Date: 09/02/14 20:54
Author: thehighwayman

HAMTURN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In Canada I get my TRAINS magazine neatly wrapped
> in a plastic sealed sleeve with my name, address
> and postal mark
> printed on a separate sheet of paper.

Same with Model Railroader ...

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 09/02/14 21:54
Author: Ron

howeld Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This months trains mag arrived with the shipping label as a sticker that could not be removed without ripping and damaging the cover.

My latest issue, October 2014, came last week. It has a second cover that is all advertisements affixed outside of the regular cover with my name and address printed on it in the lower right corner. I could remove this second cover if I wanted to.

Ron

Date: 09/02/14 21:54
Author: JS_IN_KY

I had the same thing happen to me once with a copy of Model Railroader. Kalmbach offered to send a replacement and I did take them up on it because some of the adhesive ran out from under the label on each side and the cover was sticky. I tried to clean the adhesive off but couldn't. I don't know if it's true or not but the person I spoke with at Kalmbach told me that when the adhesive is changed out there will be times when too much is applied and that can cause the problems you and I had.

John

Date: 09/03/14 01:36
Author: NSDTK

I remember them saying when they went to the current bagless shipping that damaged issues would be replaced.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/03/14 10:12
Author: dschlegel

Mine have been coming with a second paper cover full of ads for several months, similar to what a previous poster mentioned. I have had no issues in 15+ years of having my own subscription.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/14 10:13 by dschlegel.

Date: 09/03/14 11:25

Most do come with extra cover. This months issue did not.

Date: 09/03/14 14:14
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Mine comes in a clear plastic bag...Scoob

Date: 09/03/14 15:44
Author: Frank30

The clear bag is most likely a postal regulation for out of US mailings.
If there are separate enclosures, then you need the bag to prevent them from falling out.
Most of the magazines, catalogs, newsletters, etc. received here do not have
a bag or plastic covering and they all come through OK.

Frank 30 Massachusetts

Date: 09/03/14 16:31
Author: Palhoghead

Mine came with the label glued on with Gorilla Glue as well.

Date: 09/03/14 19:37
Author: scrimjimmy

Same with mine.

James Bartelt
Port Washington, WI
Metro Model Railroad Club, Ltd

Date: 09/04/14 05:03
Author: irhoghead

I had a sticker for a label as well several months ago. The customer service lady at Kalmbach said that was not supposed to happen. They gladly sent out a replacement issue. Their customer service has always been top notch whenever I have had trouble with any damaged issues.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds