Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Georgia Central Operations

Date: 09/19/14 15:22
Georgia Central Operations
Author: Ohiorailfan

I have a few friends that are going to Savannah this weekend and are wondering what the GCs operations are like. Thanks

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/14 14:42
Re: Georgia Central Operations
Author: frankgaron3

Sorry, just seeing this now. I was at the shops in Lyons, GA two Saturdays ago and there was a set of road power (4 U Boats) and one Genesee & Wyoming switcher parked out at the shops. Also caught two HOG units parked at the junction in Vidalia. Wish I had more info for you, but Lyons isn't terribly far from Savannah and if there isn't any GC power there they might want to hit Lyons.

Hope this little bit helps, and would you ask them if the U Boats are still in service? G&W is supposed to be replacing them with other power (last I heard was sometime in October)

Frank

Date: 09/21/14 07:40
Author: Vanakatherock

frankgaron3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, just seeing this now. I was at the shops in
> Lyons, GA two Saturdays ago and there was a set of
> road power (4 U Boats) and one Genesee & Wyoming
> switcher parked out at the shops. Also caught two
> HOG units parked at the junction in Vidalia. Wish
> I had more info for you, but Lyons isn't terribly
> far from Savannah and if there isn't any GC power
> there they might want to hit Lyons.
>
> Hope this little bit helps, and would you ask them
> if the U Boats are still in service? G&W is
> supposed to be replacing them with other power
> (last I heard was sometime in October)
>
> Frank

The Uboats were still in service as of a couple of weeks ago.

Date: 10/08/14 10:50
Author: RRR

There will still be U Boats in service at least through the end of the year, probably several months later. There is not enough power on GC to keep scrapping them.

There is no real schedule on GC, but currently, the Y101 goes out of Macon on Sunday afternoon and ties up in Dublin, and Monday afternoon the L782 out of Vidalia will meet them and the Y103 (Dublin switcher) in East Dublin, and they will depart from there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds