Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sunrail (FL) request

Date: 09/19/14 20:54
Sunrail (FL) request
Author: emd_mrs1

I will be traveling to the Orlando area of Florida end of September and would like to request information on the Sunrail trains.

I am looking for a good photo location which is safe and easy to access, preferably close to Sea World.

I have seen a number of photos of trains crossing a drawbridge east of Orlando near Sanford. Maps show a public park nearby. Is this a good area? Some shots have been taken from an elevated vantage point, probably a highway bridge, but there does not appear to be access from the park. How does one get to the bridge, presuming it has a sidewalk?

Is there anywhere else I should stop in the Orlando area not involving a traffic nightmare* or undesirable location? I am traveling by myself so I dont have a navigator or safety in numbers. Florida Central would be a plus.

* Yes, I know all of Orlando is a traffic nightmare, perhaps I should have said 'less of a nightmare'.

Thank you in advance

Michael

Date: 09/20/14 11:59
Re: Sunrail (FL) request
Author: calsubd

here's a start, I'm waiting to here from Dennis in Winter Park <floridarailroading@yahoogroups.com> ,Ed

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds