Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Gentlemen Start Your Detours

Date: 09/20/14 19:03
Gentlemen Start Your Detours
Author: anti-hammie

With the 18N fiasco in Altoona let the games begin....

As of 10 PM Saturday night here's what we're looking at.

21E-20 (running as I1E-20) currently on the Buffalo Line and profiled a D&H-Tier-NKP routing.
21M-20 (running as I1M-20) has a crew coming from Altoona to (I assume) take the train east to Allentown and the rumor its slated a RBMN-D&H-Tier-NKP routing.
21M-21 will be scheduled to operate out of North Jersey via NJT/CNYK Tier-NKP.
23Z-19 is profiled with a North Jersey long pool out of Harrisburg, not sure what routing is planned for it yet.
15J-20 (running as M5J-20)profiled Harrisburg to Hagerstown so I'll take a stab and say it may run via Sand Patch.
24M-20 is currently east of Cleveland detouring the NKP to Buffalo.
20E-20 and 20W-19 have the same courses plotted as 24M.

I'm sure there will be more as time goes on, good luck.

Date: 09/20/14 19:40
Re: Gentlemen Start Your Detours
Author: mw2007

is 24m, 20e, and 20w taking the southern Tier when they reach Buffalo?
Any re-routes planned over CSX Chicago line then down River line?

Date: 09/20/14 19:55
Author: tp117

NS can easily detour Pgh to Hagerstown to Harrisburg even with stacks. Trains with Plate C cars can go via Baltimore all the way to Philly/Camden/ North New Jersey via Bound Brook if they choose to and crews are available, but doubt if CSX will take loaded and empty crude or ethanol trains eastbound thru Howard St Tunnel in Balto.

But I would imagine, despite the mess, it is easier to just hold trains since ML's are easy to pick-up and shove aside. Also, it is the weekend. Who's gonna want much traffic on a Sunday, esp Eastbound? You folks at the Station Inn will have a busy late Sunday and Monday, (which is usually dull having stayed there on a Monday in that crappy room with no view in the back). I bet the RR is open tomorrow about noon.

Date: 09/20/14 22:39
Author: MH2198

11V will run via the Lurgan tonight as well, on duty in Enola 4am...

Date: 09/21/14 03:37
Author: keysubdiv

As of 6:30am. a short I0E with all UPS trailers just came east on the Reading Line. 8928-6933.
And 21M just went west on the Reading Line at Emmaus w/9672 leading. 23Z is westbound near Hershey.

twl

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/14 04:20 by keysubdiv.

Date: 09/21/14 05:30
Author: Chooch

I am quite sure, the Insurance Companies are going to be pulling their hair out with this. Especially if those companies involved are working on the previous derailment of the Boeing fuselages derailment of a few months ago.

Jim

Date: 09/21/14 06:10
Author: NYSWSD70M

When it is a done, can someone give a summary of all the detours and what route(s) they used?

Posted from Android

Date: 09/21/14 06:38
Author: keysubdiv

another 21M came off the layoff track at Bethlehem and headed west on the Reading Line. 9655 leading.
Pretty sure this was yesterdays train that back tracked from Harrisburg and ran around at Bethlehem.
Anyway it`s headed back to Harrisburg.

twl

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds