Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pinkerton "Funnel"

Date: 09/22/14 09:57
Pinkerton "Funnel"
Author: cinder

The Pinkerton Tunnel on CSX's Keystone Sub between Confluence and Markleton, PA is a thing of the past, but the four miles of single-track remains a funnel as traffic often has to "wait its turn".

Here, N525 plods east with 130 loads of coal at 9am on 9/20. The matched set of helpers in the second picture was a treat. Access to this stretch of track is now limited by a locked gate at the Pinkerton interlocking/signal.

Date: 09/22/14 10:03
Re: Pinkerton "Funnel"
Author: MEKoch

CSX said they were putting double track through the "funnel" when the tunnel was eliminated. What is up?

Date: 09/22/14 10:14
Author: Pattenburg

from this photographer's viewpoint, that rock backdrop is certainly a nice backdrop that makes the motive power stand out even more.

Date: 09/22/14 10:19
Author: sandpatch25

Wow! The first image is probably the most dramatic one I've ever seen. In the past, when I've seen photos of day-lighted tunnels, there was a lot of foliage disguising the true amount of earth removed.

Date: 09/22/14 13:17
Author: ClubCar

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX said they were putting double track through
> the "funnel" when the tunnel was eliminated. What
> is up?
Probably money. More than likely they are waiting to do this in the next budget. I know that this was something they definitely wanted to accomplish. And you know the directors want to make sure that the shareholders get their dividends no matter what.

Date: 09/22/14 13:53
Author: ns1000

I REALLY LIKE Pic 1!!!

Date: 09/22/14 14:33
Author: mp208

Perfect composition............should be POD

Date: 09/22/14 15:56
Author: agrafton

Very nice images!!

Date: 09/23/14 06:47
Author: billio

Neat pics.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds