Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Former CNJ Southern Div Q?

Date: 09/22/14 13:43
Former CNJ Southern Div Q?
Author: pal77

This past weekend I was visiting in the Whiting area south of Lakewood. Couple of observations on Rt 530 grade crossing I noticed a new signal on the south side facing south. Also on Rt 539 the grade crossing which had been paved over was rebuilt with new crossing signals, but the rails on the north side of 539 are not connected to original track. Why the investment in new equipment and crossing upgrade for this long dormant line that's clearly still dormant? What did I miss?

Date: 09/23/14 04:08
Re: Former CNJ Southern Div Q?
Author: chuchubob

There's a 123 page thread on another message board begun in 2006 and still active that may shed some light on your question.
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=31458

Date: 09/23/14 06:22
Re: Former CNJ Southern Div Q?
Author: pal77

Thank you! Yeah I stumbled on that thread after I posted question here. The thread goes right up to current, I started in '06 and got about 6pgs in before skipping to the end and reading back. As far as I can tell they are preparing the line to haul sand north from a sand pit in Woodmansie. Clearly work is not done but it is encouraging that there is a possibility for trains to run on the old Southern Div.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds