Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > URHS (Boonton, NJ) Open House

Date: 09/22/14 19:59
URHS (Boonton, NJ) Open House
Author: OCtrainguy

In complement to photos previously posted by Ed K and rfprr, here are some photos from Sunday's event.

1. One of the new stars of this year's event was the recently repainted NYC E8A
2. New York Central car Hickory Creek was staged appropriately next to the NYC E8A
3. The Hickory Creek was open for visitors to see and there was a consistent line waiting to get into the car during my visit

More to come.

Date: 09/22/14 20:05
Re: URHS (Boonton, NJ) Open House

Continuing the photos...

4. Another new item to this year's event was this United States Air Force 'Strategic Air Command' car, also open for display
5. Outside the car was this ensemble of brochures and photo of the CNJ's 'Blue Comet' train
6. While checking out the former PRR baggage car that was open for viewing, I got this photo of only part of the line waiting to get into the cab of CNJ GP7 1524

Personally, the CNJ engine is my favorite, followed by the two GG1s. Three more photos to come.

Date: 09/22/14 20:11

The last three photos.

7. The other newly repainted engine was GG1 4879. The windows and number boards need to be put in, but the engine looks real good.
8. Former DL&W cab car, number 254, currently under restoration for the Whippany Railway Museum
9. The former DL&W station, which wasn't open this year, but heard there was work being done to the trackside facing part of the building.

Thanks to the URHS for the Open House. There was lines of people coming into the yard and consistent good size lines of people waiting to look at the passenger cars and the cab of the CNJ GP7. Enjoy the photos.

Date: 09/23/14 05:06
Author: RGDave

Really nice to see URHS making so much progress on their equipment, and of course I think having an enclosed space to work on items is a huge benefit and good call. Great to see two Brunswick Green G's, and also that they are doing a Lackawanna MU - for NJ history, a critical and ground-breaking piece of equipment!

Thanks for sharing!

~RGDave

Date: 09/23/14 07:19
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!! Thanks for posting.

Date: 09/23/14 18:52
Author: emd_mrs1

Would you happen to have the number of that SAC car?

Many thanks
Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds