Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New KCS ACE's around Muncie?

Date: 09/29/14 14:17
New KCS ACE's around Muncie?
Author: sp8192

Anyone on Trainorders live around Muncie or Chicago area that have seen any new KCS SD70ACE's being built or departed the Muncie plant recently? I hear there maybe some new ones just built and moving soon towards KC....

Date: 09/30/14 10:10
Re: New KCS ACE's around Muncie?
Author: nygiant

No KCS, they are doing CP rebuilds and Class 66 units.

Date: 09/30/14 13:13
Author: DrLoco

Well, for kicks, I went by there today. Progress seems to use AAR 44 as their mechanical department channel (they were doing 2-mile radio checks on about 20 of the CP Eco rebuilds) and AAR 42 for switching. Listening In I was able to get the following info:
Today, they said that they were ready to pull two BHP units "and that KCS one" over to the NS interchange track. SO, I don't know if that would be a KCS ECO rebuild or an SD70Ace...My hunch is that it would be an ECO rebuild...
The NS L82 muncie local was out switching,but did not stop...I'm guessing billing a locomotive out takes a few days, what with getting the numbers registered in the UMLER and billing issues that all locomotives in transit seem to have...
ALso saw at least 4 blue Class 66's (I think that's what the export models are called) on heavy duty flatcars.

Now, new GE locomotives coming out of Erie, Pa HAVE been going to KC via CSX. I had 2 of them I had to pick up on Q107 (the Marion, Oh-KC/KCS schneider intermodal train) earlier this summer.
I suspect that it's easier for KCS and for Progress rail to construct their locomotives in Mexico, and place them in service there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/14 17:14 by DrLoco.

Date: 10/02/14 22:02
Author: alamode

KCS is not receiving any ECO rebuilds from Muncie. Any KCS locomotives there would be SD70ACe's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds