Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS at Elkhart - how are the transfers doing?

Date: 09/30/14 03:34
NS at Elkhart - how are the transfers doing?
Author: Lackawanna484

A few weeks ago, NS asked for volunteers from other divisions to take shifts as engineers and conductors out of Elkhart and other areas in Indiana. These temporary jobs were intended to relive critical backlogs of freight and train starts.

So, have the new bodies arrived? How many new faces are you seeing? Are they making a difference yet?

Date: 09/30/14 05:06
Re: NS at Elkhart - how are the transfers doing?
Author: RAILWATCH

I don't know the answer, but I can add that having listen to the scanner for the past several days at home & hearing what goes by, I have noticed a lot of NS calling signals with 'Southern' accents recently, more so than any other time in the past. (Cleveland area)

I've wondered if these are employees that have temporarily transferred up North.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/14 05:11 by RAILWATCH.

Date: 09/30/14 13:29
Re: NS at Elkhart - how are the transfers doing?
Author: rwt_rave_1225

A few temporary transfers have come up and qualified out of Toledo, Cleveland, and Bellevue. Perhaps Elkhart, too, but I cannot confirm nor deny that. Most have just marked-up after their final qualifying trips.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds