Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bellevue therapy today...vacation time :)

Date: 09/30/14 16:57
Bellevue therapy today...vacation time :)
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

First of six days off...went to Bellevue to just get away. Met my friend Brandon there and he showed me a few spots I was not familiar with. First picture is of the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern marker; I am standing on what was the NYC right of way that ran parallel to the W&LE line located in Monroeville, Ohio. Second picture is of the W&LE L94 over the Vermilion River and third is of the former NYC passenger station in Monroeville, Ohio...

Date: 09/30/14 17:05
Re: Bellevue therapy today...vacation time :)

Fourth picture is of the former NYC right of way that parallels the W&LE, number five is of what I was told today used to be a former Interurban RR power supply building. Was informed today that word had it that Henry Ford bought a lot of these so that he could manipulate them as to where the population would be more reliant on cars. Number six is of the PC/PRR duo in the yard at Bellevue, Ohio...when I left today at 1530 these two were coupled to five other locomotives...

Date: 09/30/14 17:09

While east on rte. 224 on the way home I had a heads up from FEC2000 that a K055 went thru Ravenna, Ohio at 1520 being led by a new, right out of the box Citirail. This as at Homerville, Ohio. Been a rough day yesterday but nice now that I have some time to clear the mind. Have a good hump day all...

Date: 09/30/14 17:19
Author: Narr8rdanny

Great stuff. Love all the stations!

Danny Harmon
Tampa

Date: 09/30/14 17:21
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice catch of the Penn Central & PRR HU's. They both look like they were recently washed.
John

Date: 09/30/14 17:34
Author: RAILWATCH

Nice! Too bad weather didn't cooperate, but this time of year it's ultimately unpredictable.

Are you going anywhere on this vaca time?

The ROW, that seems to be a walk/bike path, do you know more about it? I'm thinking it's the same that runs from Elyria to points West, including Oberlin, Kipton, Wakeman... I believe I read about it once, apparently is supposed to lead all the way into Indiana.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/14 17:39 by RAILWATCH.

Date: 09/30/14 17:53
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice bunch but really like that second one.
JB

Date: 10/01/14 05:02
Author: toledopatch

The North Coast Inland Trial follows what was once the original NYC main between Elyria and Millbury, OH, although parts of it are not finished. (There also are bits of the track in Fremont that are still in service.)

Nice catch with the matched W&LE power at Monroeville, and your composition makes the best of challenging weather conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/14 05:03 by toledopatch.

Date: 10/01/14 07:39

Thanks Dave...this ever changing autumn weather is challenging. Does not help when the weather forecasters cannot count certain appendages more than once and come up with the same answer.

Date: 10/01/14 09:12
Author: WLE2679

Nice catches and congrats on the image of the day!

Date: 10/01/14 10:26
Author: WrongMain

Great shots! That W&LE stuff is beautiful.

Date: 10/01/14 13:30
Author: ns1000

GREAT job on Pic 2!!! Enjoy vacation.......BUT, you always have to go back!!! :<)

Date: 10/01/14 16:06
Author: Gumcoach

#2 is a great shot. If this was shot in Monroeville it would actually be crossing the Huron River.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds