Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Train Counts Going Up?

Date: 09/30/14 19:33
Train Counts Going Up?
Author: wabash2800

Given the current congestion, has anyone make a comparison of train counts versus the recent past at your favorite locations?

Date: 10/01/14 01:57
Re: Train Counts Going Up?
Author: dan7366

Cove, PA last Friday. 37 trains in 12 hours. Typically it would be about 20-24. However, a friend in another industry told me that he would expect traffic to increase, given that it was right before a new quarter and fiscal year started - inventory restock. Not sure how much of that was the cause, but a good number of the trains I saw were running later than "normal".

Date: 10/01/14 04:25
Author: Cole42

I'd think that in certain places you'll see more trains with grain trains increasing this time of year.

Date: 10/01/14 04:26
Author: RDG630

Trains west out of Allentown, Pa recently 100- 160 cars.

Date: 10/01/14 07:12
Author: dwi189

Improving economy.....Holiday season approaching....oil train boom....all contributing to increased traffic....Dave W.

Date: 10/01/14 08:02
Author: zchcsse

Late September into mid-October is typically the busiest intermodal shipping season of the year.

-Tom

Date: 10/01/14 09:30
Author: tp117

Yes October is typically the busiest traffic month. Crops are being harvested, new model year autos being delivered, and as mentioned the last rush to get all the holiday items shipped. May is usually the second busiest. January is the worst because the holidays are over, it is cold in half the country and shopping goes way down. Often the second worst is early July when the unionized auto plants and miners take their vacations.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds