Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Two from the Allentown/Bethlehem area today

Date: 10/20/14 19:06
Two from the Allentown/Bethlehem area today
Author: ns2557

I had to make a pick up and delivery in the area today and managed a few shots while here. Tho I sorta grew up in the area, never really spent enough time back then to explore. So now a days I mostly stumble on things while here. Today was no exception.

Shot 1 is in Bethlehem. My pick up was off of Emery St here abouts. Apparently close to the old PB&NE Yards. I saw on my way in what appeared to be locomotives . After completing my pick up, I found a spot where I could park the steed and get out and actually see what it was I thought I saw. Here, was a string of about 15-20 old, stored and rather ratty looking NW/SW type units that used to ply the rails in the Mill area's of Bethlehem. Here is LVRX 35 at what I am guessing is the Yard/Tower area of the old PBNE. It is in the newer style Bethlehem Paint scheme. Like it more than the yellow/black, tho those colors were not bad either on the "Butt-Heads" they were used on. Does the PBNE still have any activity going on in the area at all. Along with this one here near the Tower was the 51 in Ylw/Blk and the 90 painted the same. None of the 3 were "live" tho.

Shot 2 was over in Allentown. This is one spot I manage to get to each time here in the area, so I more or less know what to expect over here. At the NS Chapman Yard was the NS 5621 a lone GP38-2. A string of cars were on what I would guess is the Main Line in the yard. They did their best to block my shot, but I managed this one anyhow.

So thanks for looking. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/14 19:07 by ns2557.

Date: 10/21/14 11:59
Re: Two from the Allentown/Bethlehem area today
Author: dschlegel

Neat catches! Chapmans can be a tough place to get decent photos. That said if you time it right there is a crossing where Ruppsville rd intersects with Morris court where I have gotten some neat shots of the local headed for Chapmans from Alburtis in the mornings, usually between 07:00 and 09:00.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/21/14 15:27
Author: ns2557

One of the locations I go and make pick ups from is exactly where you said you get shots at. Ruppsville Rd and Morris Ct. I am referring to the Millards Frozen Warehouse which is directly across from the intersection of these 2 roads. The last 2 times I have been here, I have seen 2 trains. One going to Chapmans Yrd the other headed south. Both times they, the trains caught me by surprise and I didn't get any shots, but I now look for them while there. Ben

Date: 10/22/14 11:46
Author: JUTower

dschlegel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat catches! Chapmans can be a tough place to get
> decent photos. That said if you time it right
> there is a crossing where Ruppsville rd intersects
> with Morris court where I have gotten some neat
> shots of the local headed for Chapmans from
> Alburtis in the mornings, usually between 07:00
> and 09:00.
> Dan
>
> Posted from iPhone

Morris Court. That takes me back. I worked there back when I'd run into you at CP-88. Now we have all kinds of kids! Time flies!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds