Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > WNYP

Date: 10/21/14 20:51
WNYP
Author: OC6325

I'm going to be making a trip through NY in a few weeks. I would like to try and catch some action between Olean and Jamestown. Is there any regularity to operations? Any info is appreciated.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/22/14 02:11
Re: WNYP
Author: kgmontreal

As far as I know the WNYP gets interchange traffic from the B&P in Salamanca. West of Salamanca is very quiet. The feed mill east of Falconer used to get cars and may still.

KG

Date: 10/22/14 05:12
Author: toledopatch

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as I know the WNYP gets interchange traffic
> from the B&P in Salamanca. West of Salamanca is
> very quiet. The feed mill east of Falconer used
> to get cars and may still.
>
> KG

The furniture plant in Falconer is also still an active shipper, but I don't know the current schedule for when they go over there, or if there's any through traffic now between Falconer and Meadville.

Date: 10/22/14 06:26
Author: Lackawanna484

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kgmontreal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As far as I know the WNYP gets interchange
> traffic
> > from the B&P in Salamanca. West of Salamanca
> is
> > very quiet. The feed mill east of Falconer
> used
> > to get cars and may still.
> >
> > KG
>
>
> The furniture plant in Falconer is also still an
> active shipper, but I don't know the current
> schedule for when they go over there, or if
> there's any through traffic now between Falconer
> and Meadville.

Thanks for mentioning that. The Jamestown-Falconer area used to be a major center for furniture manufacturing. Lots of originating shipments for the Erie, etc.

Date: 10/22/14 06:53
Author: camcordersam

I visited the WNYP during the first week of August and managed to get quite a bit of Alco action during the 6 day stretch from Monday thru Saturday. We went to thier main office in Olean and signed a waiver including a copy of our drivers ID. We checked in every morning at around 8:30AM or so to see what they were doing that day. A fun train to chase is the Driftwood turn that uses 6 axel Alcos going South from Olean. That train ran Tuesday & Friday while we were there. The Salamanca turn used a pair of 4 axel Alcos that ran almost every day. This train switches Olean yard and usualy departed early to mid afternoon. The crew would be done at 7PM and would tie the train down somewhere near the Salamanca / Falconer area. This is also part of an Indian reservation too.
Hope this helps.
SJS from Plymouth, Ohio

Posted from Android

Date: 10/22/14 08:04
Author: OC6325

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll go by the office at Olean and see what is happening.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/22/14 08:20
Author: camcordersam

The boss lady's name is a Kiala or something like that.The train master is Joe.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds