Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Peak Foliage on the CVSR

Date: 10/22/14 05:09
Peak Foliage on the CVSR
Author: SDP40F600

Many on this board are familiar with or at least have heard of the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, which operates between Independence (a Cleveland suburb) and Akron through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Last Sunday I spent much of the day chasing CVSR trains and getting some peak foliage images. I've posted a full gallery of images on the passenger board at:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3555877,3555877#msg-3555877

But here is a sample of what I made last Sunday.

(Photo 1) A special was operating last weekend and it is shown at Brecksville. The Pumpkin Express took passengers from Brecksville to Szalay's Market. The special catered to children and their parents. It is shown here after arriving back in Brecksville from its morning run. The bridge in the background carries Ohio Route 82 over the Cuyahoga River valley.

(Photo 2): The equipment for the Pumpkin Express laid over on the siding in Peninsula while its patrons spent time at Szalay's. That provided a rare opportunity to get two CVSR trains passing side by side.

(Photo 3): The hills surrounding Peninsula were ablaze with color. The southbound Scenic is shown coming into town to makes its station stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/14 05:11 by SDP40F600.

Date: 10/22/14 05:16
Re: Peak Foliage on the CVSR
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!!

Date: 10/22/14 15:21
Author: agrafton

Nice images, that last photo the wooden platform to the left is where Santa "Secretly" boards the Polar Express...:o)

Date: 10/22/14 18:26
Author: jmbreitigan

I like the look of your first image.
John

Date: 10/23/14 00:02
Author: boiler77

I agree with John, the first i sthe best. But what is it for a double seat just rihgt of the train??
Phil

Date: 10/23/14 05:41
Author: refarkas

"Image of the Day"! Great shot. Congratulations.
Bob

Date: 10/23/14 06:59
Author: oklachaser

Great photos. Congratulations on IOTD.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/23/14 09:31
Author: ceedy

Great pictures. Those picture show the Ohio fall season that I remember...

Date: 10/23/14 10:07
Author: SDP40F600

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them.

Also thanks for Agrafton for explaining the purpose of that platform in Peninsula. I've long wondered about that.

Date: 10/23/14 12:01
Author: glibby

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/23/14 19:23
Author: Ruger338

Lived just down the road from the Rockside Road Station for a few months and rode the train just once, great experience, great scenery. Thanks for bringing back a good memory.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0789 seconds