Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Fall colors along and above the rails

Date: 10/22/14 17:34
Fall colors along and above the rails
Author: erie833

This past Sunday was the only day both time off work and somewhat decent weather coincided, so it was off to some local places I knew the Fall color could be seen. A text from a friend alerted me to one of our work trains sitting on the east leg of the Akron Branch wye at Hudson, Ohio. NS 6126, a former N&W SD40-2, had a few tie cars and was waiting for track time to drop new ties along #1 main. Still 99.9% overcast at that point, a spot of sun showed up at the same time an e/b on the main did. After these photos it was off to Brady Lake...

RAD

Date: 10/22/14 17:36
Re: Fall colors along and above the rails

Once at Brady lake (near Kent) a couple of e/b trains were photographed, one with filtered sun (14N) and one with better sun (64R).

RAD

Date: 10/22/14 17:41

A text from FEC indicated a nice leaser leading a CSX westbound so I headed for Kent but arrived just a bit late to catch it. As I headed for Akron to intercept that train I spotted "Wingfoot One", the new Goodyear airship, heading for the hanger. Needless to say a U turn was next and a visit to Wingfoot Lake hanger to photograph the N3A a few times.

RAD

Date: 10/22/14 17:44

Another HU from FEC had me back in Kent for a westbound empty K train with a pair of BNSF units. With both the railroad and the air looking quiet for a long while, it was back home after the Kent shot.

RAD

Date: 10/22/14 18:02
Author: sandpatch25

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/23/14 02:37
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!! Thanks for posting.

Date: 10/23/14 02:56
Author: bobwilcox

Nice shots, thanks for taking the time to post.

Bob Wilcox
Charlottesville, VA
My Flickr Shots

Date: 10/23/14 05:11
Author: Pattenburg

That first image of your is quite an eye-catcher with the red leave tree, dark skies and diesel making for a nice composition.

Date: 10/23/14 06:58
Author: oklachaser

Great series of photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/29/14 07:50
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch!
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0599 seconds