Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Two NS Heritage Units and a Bonus in Two Hours

Date: 10/23/14 12:49
Two NS Heritage Units and a Bonus in Two Hours
Author: RDG630

Went to Emmaus, Pa today to catch the Virginian and NYC Heritage units. Purposely took the photos from the Fourth Street Bridge to kill a cloudy sky. First the Virginian passed on train 66Z, then the bonus train an empty ethanol 65E with two CSX units leading an NS unit, finally NS 20R which was led by the NYC Heritage unit. Thankfully the Virginian was given a bath at Conway

Date: 10/23/14 13:30
Re: Two NS Heritage Units and a Bonus in Two Hours
Author: Frontrunner

I guess someone who works for NS is also T.O. member because last MONDAY i posted that the VIRGINIAN needed a bath.

Date: 10/23/14 17:37
Author: BruceStikkers

I remember the dirty picture and this is a great improvement. It is nice that NS seems to be trying to keep them as clean as possible.

Bruce

Date: 10/23/14 19:53
Author: Gonut1

Not really. It is only because Frontrunner mentioned that the unit was filthy that it got cleaned up. We all should be very grateful for Frontrunner posting that the unit was dirty. Thanks Frontrunner from all the folks who managed to see and grab a shot of the clean Virginian today. You are just awesome!!
Oh! OK! I didn't see it but I'll get over it dirty or clean.
Go

Date: 10/23/14 20:06
Author: NS62590

It just happened to finally be on a train that terminated in Conway. When heritage units terminate there, they usually get baths if needed. 1069 just went back and forth between the intermodal facilities so often they weren't just going to take it off and wash it. Those trains recrew and head right back off typically. So, be grateful it got stuck on 17G where it was yarded, they took off the power, washed it, and sent it back out.

Date: 10/27/14 14:34
Author: ns1000

NIIIICE...!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds