Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some WNYP Questions

Date: 10/24/14 18:25
Some WNYP Questions
Author: ns2557

Tomorrow, I will have abit of time to sorta kill. Not much, but perhaps enough to take in some WNYP action or at least some roster shots if possible. Does the WYNP keep anything in Olean Ny that one could shoot without to much difficulty? And if so, where in town would one find them at? Same question for Salamanca Ny. And, doesn't the BPRR serve Salamanca? Again, where perhaps would one find them at here? Don't want to venture too far off of I86/NY17 while in the area, as I have a rather large (IE 18 Wheeler Truck) but can anything be shot without too much difficulty? Thanks in advance. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/14 18:25 by ns2557.

Date: 10/24/14 20:34
Re: Some WNYP Questions
Author: baltimore

WNYP at Olean has their yard & shop building off Constitution Ave. There is a sidewalk/trail that goes right by the facility. Prior to them erecting the shop building I shot some units from the trail quite easily. Last visit the units seemed to accumulate behind the building out of sight. They are a railfan friendly railroad and you should be able to sign a release at the office. Not sure of access on the weekend. There is a shopping center/ Home Depot etc across the street that should accommodate your rig.

At Salamanca the BPRR is based at the station at the intersection of Columbia Ave and Great Valley St off RT 219 north of town. B&P used to run a train into town from Buffalo in the early morning that was recrewed in Salamanca and continued south.

Following 219 north out of Salamanca a short ways will take you past Gernatt Asphalt that has an x-BPRR GP9 very visible from the road. When I was there last spring they were very accommodating to my request to shoot it.

Can't offer any help on the WNYP out of Salamanca. Wouldn't surprise me if they ran a turn out of Olean.

Randy

Date: 10/25/14 05:33
Re: Some WNYP Questions
Author: toledopatch

Yes, WNYP serves the B&P interchange and a smattering of other customers west of Olean with a turn out of Olean. No WNYP power is kept there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds