Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New rig

Date: 10/29/14 08:45
New rig
Author: m1bprr

As some know I collect, and restore locomotive horns, recently I purchased a new rig (truck) its now set up to blow horns, this time for the first test run sounding my Nathan M-3 plus my M-5 along with the converted Grover truck horns which I created to sound somewhat like a locomotive horn.

Ed K. HORN INC. OH WELL PRODUCTIONS
cp Laurel Run

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/29/14 09:09
Re: New rig
Author: Phil

Sweet ride!!!

Date: 10/29/14 09:10
Author: CCT41

Ed, you sure must like those Chevy Avalanches! When you get a Canadian K5 mounted up with the M5, then you will have one classy rig!

Date: 10/29/14 10:07
Author: Benched_it

That was cool!

Jay

Date: 10/29/14 11:34
Author: GP30Frank

The Avalanche is probably a perfect vehicle for you. GM has decided to quit making them.

Date: 10/29/14 11:56
Author: m1bprr

GP30Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Avalanche is probably a perfect vehicle for
> you. GM has decided to quit making them.

That's why I've owned three of them.
Ed K.

Date: 10/29/14 20:47
Author: ironmtn

I got a real kick out of watching the video! And I was hoping to play it to celebrate -- loudly!! -- when the Royals won the World Series. But alas it was not to be, and the Cockroaches won. Geez, does this Cardinals fan (who gladly cheered for the Royals) absolutely loathe the Giants.

There's always next year. Every year has a spring, and baseball once more. And months later hopefully a Series win then to then celebrate by playing your video and sounding your M3 and M5 -- loudly!!!

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/14 20:48 by ironmtn.

Date: 10/30/14 15:12
Author: agentatascadero

ironmtn Wrote:
> I got a real kick out of watching the video! And I
> was hoping to play it to celebrate -- loudly!! --
> when the Royals won the World Series. But alas it
> was not to be, and the Cockroaches won. Geez, does
> this Cardinals fan (who gladly cheered for the
> Royals) absolutely loathe the Giants.
>
> There's always next year. Every year has a spring,
> and baseball once more. And months later hopefully
> a Series win then to then celebrate by playing
> your video and sounding your M3 and M5 --
> loudly!!!
>
> MC
> Columbia, Missouri
"Cockroaches"? That, Sir, is OUT OF LINE. I'll just consider that the work of a very poor loser.....who has no respect for greatness. The Cardinals are an excellent team, St Louis is a pinnacle of baseball....neither deserves to have YOU for a fan, they deserve much better. AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 11/02/14 15:49

agentatascadero Wrote:
> ironmtn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I got a real kick out of watching the video! And
> > I was hoping to play it to celebrate -- loudly!!
> > -- when the Royals won the World Series. But alas
> > it was not to be, and the Cockroaches won. Geez,
> > does this Cardinals fan (who gladly cheered for the
> > Royals) absolutely loathe the Giants.
> > There's always next year. Every year has a
> > spring, and baseball once more. And months later
> > hopefully a Series win then to then celebrate by playing
> > your video and sounding your M3 and M5 --
> > loudly!!!
> >
> > MC
> > Columbia, Missouri

> "Cockroaches"? That, Sir, is OUT OF LINE. I'll
> just consider that the work of a very poor
> loser.....who has no respect for greatness. The
> Cardinals are an excellent team, St Louis is a
> pinnacle of baseball....neither deserves to have
> YOU for a fan, they deserve much better. AA

It is the term used by the Giants own General Manager, Brian Sabean, in the post-game TV interview on Fox as the team won the National League pennant, and as the National League trophy was presented. Several online commentators have pointed out their interpretation of that remark: that the Giants are gritty, play hard, and are hard to win against and knock out of contention. Hard to kill off, like cockcroaches. I knew that's what he meant, too. And they were just that, against both the Cardinals and the Royals.

They are an excellent team, and they play hard and well. That said, I can't stand them, and probably never will like them. I believe such opinions are the privilege of every fan of the professional game. We pay our money, either in tickets, or by purchasing licensed gear, or by listening to and watching games and their advertising that boosts the ratings and the price that TV pays the league. That's the business part. We fans get to have our favorites and our rivals. It's the social contract of baseball. I know Cubs and Reds fans, all good people, who say and feel much worse about my Cardinals. It's never bothered me, and just becomes a touchpoint for a little good-natured rivalry banter. I may not like the Giants, but I always have warily respected them, and they won the pennant and the Series fair and square with top drawer play and superb pitching.

With all of that in mind, and with the context of Brian Sabean's remark established for this forum, I plan to continue to be a very good lifelong Cardinals fan.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/14 15:53 by ironmtn.

Date: 11/02/14 23:19

MC, I was totally unaware of the Sabean comment you refer to, and offer my apology for my complete misunderstanding of your comments. My best baseball friend is a rabid Cards fan....I understand competition and team loyalty, and, once again, apologize for what I thought to be a cheap shot. Bowing out, with bristling Giants pride, AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 11/03/14 19:26

agentatascadero Wrote:
> MC, I was totally unaware of the Sabean comment
> you refer to, and offer my apology for my complete
> misunderstanding of your comments. My best
> baseball friend is a rabid Cards fan....I
> understand competition and team loyalty, and, once
> again, apologize for what I thought to be a cheap
> shot. Bowing out, with bristling Giants pride, AA

And may you long bristle with Giants pride, as I surely will with Cardinals pride. Apology accepted, and apology offered. On reflection, I should have been more clear about the context of my remark. And congrats on a worthy Series victory. Come spring it all starts again. Somehow I think there is going to be some special intensity to the Cards - Giants rivalry next season.

The first date I see online for pitchers and catchers reporting is Feb. 20. 114 days of winter and the Hot Stove League. Of Pacific fog and rain for you, of cold and snow and ice for me and other TO members here in the Midwest and East. That reporting date and the games of spring training that follow can't come soon enough.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 11/05/14 17:13

Ironman, Now that I have re-read your post explaining the cockroach reference, I see it was shown on FOX in an aftergame interview......and there's the rub....I found those FOX announcers so annoying and totally favoring the Royals, I became too disgusted by their brand of unprofessionalism, and found the local Giants radio broadcast....static and all, to be a huge relief for me.....and the cause of missing the Sabean comment. Next year, when the Cards and Giants meet, it will be the holder of the most National League rings (12, no?) against the holder of the most National League World series appearances....20.....but with "only" 8 rings. Sounds like the best against the best to me.....all while the Bums try to spend their way into the Series....way to go in ending their season, by the way.....and thanks for that. Be well and be ready next year.....it's an odd year, so you "have a chance"!! By the way, it's the summer season when the west coast is covered in fog, bringing unending amusement to us locals as our visitors shiver in their shorts and tank tops in our infamous summer fog. AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0817 seconds