Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sunoco, Westville NJ NS 64W trains?

Date: 10/30/14 09:50
Sunoco, Westville NJ NS 64W trains?
Author: Lackawanna484

Has anybody seen a 64W lately? These trains run from North Dakota to South Jersey, ending at a refinery south of Camden.

For a while, they were getting a lot of exotic power (Heritage Erie, Lehigh Valley, etc and FerroMex units). And then nothing at all. No reports, total radio silence.

Are they still running, and what kid of frequency are they seeing?

Date: 10/30/14 10:18
Re: Sunoco, Westville NJ NS 64W trains?
Author: cr2581

Something must have changed. I have a friend who lives in the area and he claims he hasn't seen one in weeks. Wonder if the opening of the new facility in Eddystone PA had anything to do with the sudden disappearance of 64W ?????

Date: 10/30/14 10:24
Author: toledopatch

I've heard some 66W trains. Perhaps they're sourcing their oil from a different location?

Date: 10/30/14 10:34

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard some 66W trains. Perhaps they're
> sourcing their oil from a different location?

I think the 66w is an Eddystone train. It's possible that there's a barge bridge for the last mile of water. Westville is equipped to accept oil via barge (or ocean tanker).

(The Delta refinery, and the Delaware City refinery were originally set up to accept crude by tanker. And any of these could accept oil by barge from Yorktown VA if the circumstances made sense.)

Date: 10/30/14 11:20
Author: cr2581

66W goes to Eddystone ......

Date: 10/30/14 12:00
Author: Out_Of_Service

there's some track work being done inside the facility ... a loop track is being installed inside the facility ... there was an oil train delivered about 3 weeks ago ... work is progressing on preliminary work(building demolition) that has to be done for the new leg of the wye for sb head on moves

Posted from Android

Date: 10/30/14 12:44

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there's some track work being done inside the
> facility ... a loop track is being installed
> inside the facility ... there was an oil train
> delivered about 3 weeks ago ... work is
> progressing on preliminary work(building
> demolition) that has to be done for the new leg of
> the wye for sb head on moves
>
> Posted from Android

Thanks for the update.

New balloon loop, head on entry into the facility. That's going to kill the excitement of the run around, split the train, etc.

Damn efficiency experts!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds