Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Another Boring Autorack at Farmington Road

Date: 11/22/14 03:31
Another Boring Autorack at Farmington Road
Author: tq-07fan

After running a trip on my off day and few other things last Monday I headed up toward Dayton. I followed the former Conrail NS Dayton District and saw nothing after Lockland. When I got to Carlisle and of course the shooting fish in barrel CSX Toledo Sub I had to wait on a southbound of some kind to go into the siding for this northbound autorack. Because of snow and a little confusion on where the sun was I decided to go up to Farmington Road but got stopped in traffic just long enough to miss the head end. So what to do? Set the camera to a slower shutter speed, play with the exposure and try and make another boring autorack at least mildly interesting.

Jim

Date: 11/22/14 03:55
Re: Another Boring Autorack at Farmington Road
Author: calsubd

You did good !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/22/14 04:34
Author: jmbreitigan

I like the results.
John

Date: 11/22/14 18:39
Author: scraphauler

Great results James. Love the look of the blurred train and blowing snow. Good seeing you yesterday by the way.

Date: 11/23/14 06:38
Author: tq-07fan

Thank you everybody. As could be expected the actual image was overexposed but it gave me a reason to try adjusting using Photoshop. I guess it would be the same as running the enlarger for less than the normal time to try and save a picture 'pushed' one way or the other.

For the young 'uns here all those words above you did not understand can be Googled. :-)

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0708 seconds