Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > (OH) Women struck by train.

Date: 11/24/14 09:20
(OH) Women struck by train.
Author: NSClevelandLine

I'm hearing reports of a women that has been hit and killed by a train in Ravenna, OH. I was told it was by Rt. 5 which would indicate it was CSX. Any other info is appreciated. I'm sure FEC is out there somewhere.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/14 09:21 by NSClevelandLine.

Date: 11/24/14 09:41
Re: (OH) Women struck by train.
Author: FEC2000

Yes at MPBG 107 Knapp Rd bridge, Charlestown, OH, eastbound mty coal train E807-22 hit a female who allegedly stepped in front of the train. Word on scene is she was approx 63 yrs old and lives nearby. Sad situation out here. I am the retired fire chief for Charlestown Fire Dept, I had just given a class last Monday to the local fire depts on how to handle railroad emergencies. Current fire chief called me and said "class came in handy today."

Photos from the bridge, the incident happened right under the bridge. Last photo is looking east, it took him a bit to stop!

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/14 10:35 by FEC2000.

Date: 11/24/14 10:37
Author: FEC2000

E807-22 at Kent, OH MPBG 117 about 15 mins before the accident.

Date: 11/24/14 11:13
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Nice coverage Jeff; only thing one cannot teach is how to erase what one has to see while doing crime scene...

Date: 11/24/14 11:21
Author: LiveWire

One woman or multiple women?

Date: 11/24/14 11:39
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

One woman...63 years old. Train vs. pedestrian. Fire department pumper called out and asked lead engine to pull down to an accessible area to hose lead engine off.

Date: 11/24/14 12:00
Author: Gumcoach

Last winter I was driving along the old NKP near Green Springs Ohio on a paricularly cold and windy day and noticed a train coming to stop. For a second I thought about driving over to check it out but decided it was just too cold so I just kept going. Later that evening I found out that train had just hit a guy who was walking long the tracks with headphones on and supposedly never heard it coming. I'm so glad I decided not to drive the 1/4 mile or so down to the crossing as I doubt I'd ever be able to erase that image from my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/14 12:01 by Gumcoach.

Date: 11/24/14 13:38
Author: dschlegel

Very sad situation for all involved. My thoughts are with the crew, the first responders, and the victim's family.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/24/14 15:22
Author: Lackawanna484

dschlegel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very sad situation for all involved. My thoughts
> are with the crew, the first responders, and the
> victim's family.
> Dan
>
> Posted from iPhone

+1

Everyone is a victim in this kind of situation. One by choice, the others by accident.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds