Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX fluid thru Buffalo yet?

Date: 11/24/14 18:12
CSX fluid thru Buffalo yet?
Author: tp117

Here around Philly where it was over 70F today we have enjoyed the carload re-route trains that CSX can send to the NE via Philly instead of Selkirk due to Philly Sub ancient clearance restrictions they do not seem to be able to fix. Enjoyed so far large q351s, 393, 380 (mostly trash empties) 386, 710 &711 trash, etc, and had to skip some due to dark and timing. A lot of interesting cars we never see here. Anyone with some connections know if Buffalo is now running reasonable well and if the re-routes thru here have stoped?

Date: 11/24/14 18:27
Re: CSX fluid thru Buffalo yet?
Author: farmer

Yes. Things seem to be moving again.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/24/14 19:30
Author: Gonut1

What I've seen on TV this afternoon is everything in Buffalo became fluid today. there is water everywhere!

Oh! I guess you were referring to trains moving...
Gonut

Date: 11/24/14 19:33
Author: NS19K

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I've seen on TV this afternoon is everything
> in Buffalo became fluid today. there is water
> everywhere!
>
> Oh! I guess you were referring to trains
> moving...
> Gonut

I was going to say something smart like this but decided not to. He He

Date: 11/25/14 06:53
Author: mkostecky

Gonut1 Wrote:
> What I've seen on TV this afternoon is everything
> in Buffalo became fluid today. there is water
> everywhere!
>
> Oh! I guess you were referring to trains
> moving...
> Gonut

I'm not one to criticize, I like a good joke as well as the next guy and having lived in the buffalo area all my life I'm quite used to the jokes about Buffalo's weather, I've even made a few myself.
However, I would like to point out that 13 people lost their lives due in one way or another to this lake effect event.
Nuff said.

Date: 11/25/14 08:17
Author: P

mkostecky Wrote:
> Gonut1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What I've seen on TV this afternoon is
> everything
> > in Buffalo became fluid today. there is water
> > everywhere!
> >
> > Oh! I guess you were referring to trains
> > moving...
> > Gonut
>
> I'm not one to criticize, I like a good joke as
> well as the next guy and having lived in the
> buffalo area all my life I'm quite used to the
> jokes about Buffalo's weather, I've even made a
> few myself.
> However, I would like to point out that 13 people
> lost their lives due in one way or another to this
> lake effect event.
> Nuff said.

And in other news, in most American cities, many, many more people died due to various other causes over the weekend.

These 'storm' death figures that the media puts out are often suspect and designed to get us all worked up. In a snowstorm, they would usually count deaths caused by auto accidents and heart attacks of people shoveling snow as 'storm' deaths. Well, if there was no storm, about the same number of people would die in auto crashes and heart attacks over the same amount of time. Give me a break.

How many of these storm deaths were of people buried alive by the snow? Now, THAT would be newsworthy.

Date: 11/25/14 09:19
Author: Lackawanna484

The Erie county exec was on the news the other night. Complained about people going out for a drive as soon as their road had been plowed. Some of them promptly got stuck and had to be fished out, others were involved in accidents.

He lamented the lawlessness of people violating the edict to stay at home...

Date: 11/25/14 14:59
Author: tp117

Not everyone gets the message that you should not go out. During a big snow like that it might be obvious. When 'Sandy' came to the East Coast over two years ago, and the 'eye' passed right over us, (I recorded the low pressure) I went out before and the next day to see if CSX had parked any trains in Wilsmere that they usually forget about for a few days. It was windy and rainy before and after. In the large parking lot of the ex-GM plant was parked with a huge awray of electric repair trucks, trucks with poles and water, many porta-potties, a first aid unit, a mess tent; etc. It was impressive and they were ready for anything. After the storm it all was moved to New Jersey where all the damage was. There were elictric repair trucks from states way down South.

But I have unusual tastes. I do not listen to any Delaware and most PA radio stations because they play crap. If I do listen to a radio station it is a Philly classical station that I am a member of and they never mentioned our Gov had declared a state of emergency for Delaware. I NEVER watch Fox, and rarely the other three major stations; too much junk and misinformation, and I don't watch TV much at all. I do watch the weather channel but they were so engrossed in where the real danger of the storm was they never mentioned anything about Delaware State of Emergency when I was watching. So I was out illegally, didn't know it, and never stopped, and now, and when I found out, didn't care. I'll turn around if a road is flooded or a tree is down, but none were. Some storms in the early 2000's were much worse HERE than Sandy.

So Mr Mayor of Buffalo, don't assume you have reached everyone. You just think you have. But yes, folks do stupid things.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0668 seconds