Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New KCS ES44AC's and 1 other

Date: 12/19/14 15:45
New KCS ES44AC's and 1 other
Author: ns2557

Was passing thru the greater KC area earlier today and went by the MAC Shops over by Knoche/Joint Agency Yard. A few interesting units were at MAC. 2 L&I GP38-2's, 3 CP Rail MP15's, a South Shore Line (CSS&SB) GP38-2 along with the plethora of BNSF SD75M's, SD70MAC's and UP C40-8's. But hoping to get in on the sighting of new FEC units being painted there, I came away somewhat disappointed but still happy overall. KCS units 4855 and 4856 were outside the fence ready to be sent back to KCS. Man the paint was R E A L fresh on these 2. Here they are waiting....

Shot 3 was/is an interesting one. When I first saw it, I thought, what would a PC GP40 be doing in KC in 2014? The number makes me think it's ex MILW but it is lettered for PRLX and was sitting on the south end of the KCS Loco shops here at JAY/Knoche. Any idea what or more specifically, where this one might be headed? Thanks for looking. Ben

Date: 12/19/14 15:57
Re: New KCS ES44AC's and 1 other
Author: RAILWATCH

Nice.

Speaking of, well, I suppose I could look it up in google, but I was curious as to what the KCS roster is? How many locomotives do they actually have that they can just roam all of the time.

Today I saw one trailing on an NS Westbound through Cleveland. I was out doing something else & just grabbed a quick shot.

Thanks. .

- Denny

Date: 12/19/14 17:22
Author: NIKS

The GP40 looks to be ex milwaukee road from the blanked DB hatch and the sheet metal where the number would have been on the front part of the dynamic blister area.

Peter N. Limas

Date: 12/19/14 17:29
Author: calsubd

nice pics Ben

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 12/21/14 18:35
Author: stlrailfan

The PRLX # 2041 is ex Milwaukee Road and is leased to KCS.
Mark Mautner

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds