Home Open Account Help 212 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The "Red Light" part of town

Date: 12/20/14 12:09
The "Red Light" part of town
Author: wa4umr

Well, at least several time a night it's a red light district. I just happened to pull up at the right time. There is a road that parallels the CSX tracks at this location. I was on Chamberlain Ln in the north-east part of Louisville, Ky. on the CSX "Short Line," MP 14.71. Just before you get to the crossing there is a traffic light for Old Lagrange Rd. About 100 feet later, and after you cross the tracks are the lights for Lagrange Rd. In between are the tracks. So when a train comes, the traffic lights go red all around except those facing the tracks to clear the intersections. After the gates are down the lights resume a more normal cycle allowing traffic on Lagrange Roads to proceed. Traffic on Old Lagrange road is still halted. Besides all the traffic lights are the railroad signals, the flashing lights, the lights on the 4 gates. Add to that the tail lights of the people ahead of me. I've heard it said about railroad signals, "It's not really red unless its all red" or something like that. I think it was all red when I took this

I took this after the train had passed. Nothing special, just though I'd share it with you. People often ask what settings were used so here's the data. Taken with a Canon 70D, Program mode. f/3.5 1/40th second, ISO = 5000, white balance = auto, Focal length = 18mm (using the 18-55mm kit lens) The camera did all the work. I just picked it up, pointed it through the windshield and clicked it.

John

Date: 12/20/14 12:56
Re: The "Red Light" part of town
Author: ns1000

Cool pic!!

Date: 12/20/14 19:58
Re: The "Red Light" part of town
Author: agrafton

ns1000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cool pic!!

agree

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds