Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 15V vs semi flatbed and the CR/PC..sort of.

Date: 01/28/15 17:01
15V vs semi flatbed and the CR/PC..sort of.
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Got off work today at 1130 as took half day of vacation. TRIED catching the CR/PC combination again but...after failing at getting a decent shot of that combination I ventured to Massillon where a friend of mine said that 15V had collided with a flatbed of a tractor trailer. Appears that the truck was coming out of/going to the Republic Steel there off of 3rd. St. S.E. and the train had hit the flat bed ending up fouling both mains. This happened at around 1210 today and I arrived at Massillon at around 1530 where the 15V got a fresh crew from Mansfield to take it west. Quite a bit of damage to the front of the NS 2633...the fluid on the nose of the 2633 is hydraulic fluid from the forklift that was on the back of the flatbed trailer that 2633 hit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/15 17:39 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 01/28/15 17:05
Re: 15V vs semi flatbed and the CR/PC..sort of.

Now number four is time for the trash as not in recycle bin but the dumpster bin. You can tell the sun is starting to swing around now that spring is getting "closer..." The light angle here was much worse than I thought would be here in Macedonia, Ohio. Then we have 15N at Sheldon Road in Berea as after this I heard on the scanner "27N please leave your last two locomotives in the west end of Rockport Yard." Lastly we have a CH47 Chinook helicopter belonging to the Ohio Air National Guard. Surpised my camera got a decent picture of this. Have a good week all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/15 17:41 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 01/28/15 17:23
Author: RAILWATCH

Dang that needs to be buffed out!

And I like your chinook shot.. reminds me of one time one flew over my house & I ran in for my camera & got it at the moon.

- Denny

Date: 01/28/15 17:33

Nice shot on the Chinook Denny; old saying in the Army was you could always tell the Chinook Pilots as it looked as though they had the early stages of epilepsy as they would appear to be still shaking after making a run.

Date: 01/28/15 17:35
Author: EH49

What a day. First trucks, now choppers. I thought this was a train site.

Date: 01/28/15 17:37

Hey now; my first five were of trains and last was a Chinook. I could have just posted one picture of...:)

Date: 01/28/15 17:43
Author: EH49

Ok, Carl, I forgive you. I like the RR shots.

Date: 01/28/15 17:55

EH49...now I can sleep easier :)

Date: 01/28/15 19:35
Author: FEC2000

Forever-Railfan-45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EH49...now I can sleep easier :)

I'd like to chime in here....oh never mind! Anyhow great shots of the wreck train!!!

Date: 01/29/15 13:13
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!! Thanks for posting.

Date: 01/30/15 10:49
Author: MikeBandOGuy

Great shots of the trains and the flying Winnebago. As an Army Aviator now retired, I had two rules....NEVER fly the "A" model of anything, and NEVER fly anything that could have a mid-air collision with itself....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds