Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS - ISRR Coal Trains & NS 8103

Date: 01/29/15 06:44
NS - ISRR Coal Trains & NS 8103
Author: jtar463

A friend reported that the N&W Heritage unit was interchanged with the Indiana Southern Railroad at Beehunter, IN last night. I assume this train is going to the Edwardsport, IN coal gasification plant but I'm not sure. Does anyone have information on this train? I thought most of the coal for Edwardsport came from Bear Run mine on the INRD. Any new information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Date: 01/29/15 09:05
Re: NS - ISRR Coal Trains & NS 8103
Author: DR

That train is a Tennessee Valley Authority coal train. It was interchanged from the NS to the ISRR at AWW Yard in Oakland City. It ran over the ISRR to Elnora where it got on the INRD. It was handed off to the INRD at Beehunter for loading at Bear Run. After loading it'll return same routing to the NS at AWW.
And yes all coal for the Edwardsport plant comes from Bear Run but it uses 100 car sets pulled by 4 ISRR locomotives.

Date: 01/29/15 10:03
Re: NS - ISRR Coal Trains & NS 8103
Author: jtar463

Thanks very much for that info. I'll run by Bear Run on my lunch hour to see if it happens to still be in there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds