Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS OCS cars

Date: 03/02/15 12:03
NS OCS cars
Author: mully

I am having someone do the whole NS office car fleet for me and I can't remember when NS runs the full amount of cars if there is a particular oder they run them in. I know the Buena Vista theater car brings up the rear and I think the dome car runs in front of it but am not sure. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks
Gary

Date: 03/02/15 19:53
Re: NS OCS cars
Author: ddavies

Normally you only see about 7-9 cars on an inspection run, about the whole fleet does go to the Masters. ;-)

Date: 03/02/15 20:05
Author: Vanakatherock

I wasn't the world's best photographer when I first seen the NS OCS in person, and I'm still not. However, I have posted my link below to my first thread of the NS OCS at the Masters in Augusta, GA from 2013. If there's something specific you're looking for that's not in the post, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my photos not uploaded from that trip.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3048022,3048048#msg-3048048

Date: 03/03/15 04:00
Author: mully

ddavies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Normally you only see about 7-9 cars on an
> inspection run, about the whole fleet does go to
> the Masters. ;-)

Understand that but what I am looking for is the order the cars are in

Gary

Date: 03/03/15 08:49
Author: dbrcnw

As others have noted, the configuration of the train changes with the particular trip's needs. The order can and does change. I've seen the theater car on the end and at other times an open platform observation on the end.

Your modeling choices should reflect your desires but don't worry too much about car order or amount of cars in a train.

DaleR

Date: 03/03/15 09:43
Author: ddavies

If the BV is on the rear, then it would be an inspection train. If a regular platform car is on the rear, would be some other use of the train.

On Sept 19, 2011, I caught the train going through Harrisburg in this order (do not remember where it went)

Fs
39 - power car
OH
PA
MD
AL
IN
IL
GA
CAR
WV
VA
KY
DE
BV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds