Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Conrail type of day at Alliance, Ohio

Date: 03/27/15 11:55
Conrail type of day at Alliance, Ohio
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Dog sitting for coworker at work Thursday thru Sunday ; husband's uncle passed away in Wisconsin.  Had to run back to home in Canton for some things I forgot to pack Thursday night so thought I would take back way to Alliance to see if anything worthwhile coming.  Turns out I was not disappointed.  First up is the Z6W with NS power just down from Arch Street on the Cleveland Single Line; more commonly referred to the Bayard Line as it goes down to Bayard, Ohio, second and third picture are of the 66W with CSX power with CSX 8739 (former Conrail SD60I/M) leading.  How ironic that a former Conrail now with CSX would be leading an oil train down the Cleveland single...passing the former PRR signals...

Date: 03/27/15 11:59
Re: Conrail type of day at Alliance, Ohio

Track two was closed from Ravenna RD 86 to Alliance RD 67 as NS is laying CWR and numerous tie plates for big project coming up where they are going to install brand new rail during those two mileposts.  Picture number four is the 18A, number five is the 14K then we have the 16E with the 8098 leading.  Nice day just wish there was more sun...enjoy your weekend all.

Date: 03/27/15 12:31
Author: StephenK

Great pictures!

Date: 03/27/15 12:55
Author: lefflerlad

Nice catch on that 66W Carl!

Date: 03/27/15 13:42

Thanks Andy; thought the best catch of the day was the 66W...

Date: 03/27/15 14:13
Author: Poker2662

Nice catches and photos Carl. That SD60I in CSX YN2 paint is just about as rare as the NS Conrail heritage unit.

Date: 03/27/15 15:06
Author: CSXT_8437

That is cab signal territory as well, correct? Also, does the Bayard Line run via Mingo Jct to Rochester where it rejoins the Fort Wayne Line?

Thank you in adavance.

Date: 03/27/15 15:55

Cab signals not needed down the Cleveland Single line (Bayard) and from Mansfield to Alliance seems like cab signals are not needed as well. NS has run quite a bit of foreign power leaders on the oil trains as well as some freights too: BNSF/CN/CP/FXE and etc. And yes I believe it runs to Mingo then crosses back.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/15 16:30 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 03/27/15 16:23
Author: EMD100469

No cab signals on the Cleveland Line (Bayard) from CP Alliance to CP Rochester. CSS Picks back up on the Pittsburgh line at CP Solomon or CP Wing, depending which way you go through town....Pittsburgh Line or Mon Line. CSS from CP Kiski to Conpit on the Conemaugh Line. 

Date: 03/27/15 20:01
Author: SCKP187

Nice catch of the Heritage Unit, and good to see clean NS units as in #1.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/28/15 01:43
Author: rwt_rave_1225

No cab signals west of Alliance on the Fort Wayne Line and also none east of Alliance on the Cleveland (Bayard) Line. It makes for an excellent routing for these oil trains. They can dodge a cab signal leader all the way until Conway now.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/28/15 15:32
Author: ns1000

Nice pics Carl!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2413 seconds