Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > GateThis!

Date: 03/31/15 09:39
GateThis!
Author: cinder

The first picture was taken in early January.....When the first workaround was evident.  The second two were taken very recently when the gate was open for the two days I was in the vicinity. 

Make your own observations....Draw your own conclusions.  No, it's not the aggressive CSX Special Agent laying a trap for railfans.

Date: 03/31/15 09:44
Re: GateThis!
Author: steamfan

Where are the pics?

John R -- CP Spring
Carlisle, PA

Date: 03/31/15 09:45

Sorry John.....I was in edit when you opened the thread.

Date: 03/31/15 09:52
Author: steamfan

Looks like they need a wider gate!

John R -- CP Spring
Carlisle, PA

Date: 03/31/15 16:46
Author: Tominde

It's obvious by the ruts that people are going around the gate.  So if we put a big block there and swing the gate around, people will stop going around the gate!  Now does that qualify me for management?

Date: 03/31/15 16:48
Author: chessie7602

It looks like Manila, east of Sand Patch Tunnel.  That was a nice spot to watch trains, although I haven't been there since 2008.

-Ken

Date: 03/31/15 18:50
Author: hoydie17

Either some maintainer was too preoccupied to lock the gate properly, or someone else has a key and left it open.  Or worse yet, someone just destroyed the lock and left it.  Up in those parts, any of those scenarios are plausible. 

Date: 03/31/15 19:07

The CSX lock was open and hanging on the chain.....No surprise.

Date: 04/02/15 06:06
Author: RickRowlands

First photo shows bypassing a closed gate.  Last two show barricades to each side of the gate and no more bypassing, although I think they could use another concrete block where the pile of snow is.

Rick Rowlands
Hubbard, OH
Youngstown Steel Heritage

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds