Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Why would they even consider charging the train operator?

Date: 04/23/15 15:28
Why would they even consider charging the train operator?
Author: AKYtrainNut

This is getting to the point of being absurd, why would it even be brought up about charging the train operator in this fatality? The driver was on private property with a stop sign, would engineer be required to blow the horns?

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/22/3814127_train-crash-with-dump-truck-kills.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&rh=1

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Scott-Co-coroner-called-to-scene-of-vehicle-vs-train-on-Rogers-Gap-Road-300964201.html

Date: 04/23/15 15:40
Re: Why would they even consider charging the train operator?
Author: AKYtrainNut

I found another article on this accident, a resident states the trains blow their horn for a long time when they go through there and this was the second fatality at this crossing. This must be a shortcut if its used that often. They may need to consider closing this crossing if people don't pay attention. It was a Norfolk Southern train.

http://www.news-graphic.com/breaking_news/article_b5cbde38-e933-11e4-9216-4baf09ac8a83.html

Date: 04/23/15 15:41
Author: Ron

This sign is up at a number of crossings here in Michigan. This one is on the Amtrak/NS Line several miles east of Battle Creek, Michigan.

Ron

Date: 04/23/15 16:03
Author: SlipperyWhenWet

Train crew doesn't get charged, that's just some dumb reporter putting a spin on the story. We have no control of when people don't follow instructions nor able to control our direction of movement to avoid such stupidity. Just some media garbage not knowing what he is talking about

Posted from Android

Date: 04/24/15 07:19
Author: msullivan1993

"Hampton said Hammonds' westbound single-axle truck was struck on the passenger side by a southbound Norfolk & Southern train."

Is it just me or is it really irritating when someone puts "and" between Norfolk Southern?

Date: 04/24/15 08:07
Author: 3751_loony

msullivan1993 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Hampton said Hammonds' westbound single-axle
> truck
was struck on the passenger side by a
> southbound Norfolk & Southern train."

How does a single axle truck work?  Is it anything like an 0-2-0?

> Is it just me or is it really irritating when
> someone puts "and" between Norfolk Southern?

Jim Montague
IRVINE, CA
Train and Nature photo Art

Date: 04/24/15 08:38
Author: howeld

3751_loony Wrote:
---------------------------------------
> How does a single axle truck work?  Is it
> anything like an 0-2-0?
>

Single axle just means it only has one axle on the back. Basically just a large pickup truck mounted with a dump bed.
It doesn't make much sense but I call them single axle for two axle (small) dump truck but I call a regular dump truck a tri-axle when I fill out my reports when doing an inspection.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/24/15 09:45
Author: 3751_loony

Thanks for the clarification.  All comes down to semantics and point of reference, I guess...

Jim Montague
IRVINE, CA
Train and Nature photo Art

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds