the defiance local shoved into i509 at hires road today, 4 cars on the ground

Date: 04/24/15 09:33
Re: defiance derailment
Author: EL-SD45-3632

1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the defiance local shoved into i509 at hires road
> today, 4 cars on the ground

Ok, we are talking CSX correct? and # 2, are you talking about Q509? and I know where Hires Road is. A little more information would be very helpful if not able to do so, don't bother to post if you can't provide more than what you did...just saying...

Date: 04/24/15 09:42
Author: 1

sounds clear to me, don't know why you can't understand it?

Date: 04/24/15 09:43
Author: EL-SD45-3632

1 Wrote:
> sounds clear to me, don't know why you can't
> understand it?
i509?

Date: 04/24/15 10:15
Author: Out_Of_Service

1 Wrote:
> sounds clear to me, don't know why you can't
> understand it?

what about the readers who have no clue where defiance is let alone hires rd ... i guess you assume just because YOU know where defiance is, so there's no need to post a specific location for those who don't ... great philosophy ...

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 10:24 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 04/24/15 10:35
Author: FrensicPic

My first thought was BNSF's Defiance Sub in Western New Mexico

Date: 04/24/15 10:45
Author: dispr

really on the eastern board? 

Date: 04/24/15 11:13
Author: FrensicPic

dispr Wrote:
> really on the eastern board? 

Spoted this under the category "Recent Messages"...didn't see Eastern until I opened the post to read it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 11:14 by FrensicPic.

Date: 04/24/15 11:48
Author: CJ

i-509 is correct.  It's a part of the new CSX train symbol program, which is been discussed in great detail on here. 

Chris

Date: 04/24/15 11:49
Author: DJ-12

EL-SD45-3632 Wrote:
> 1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sounds clear to me, don't know why you can't
> > understand it?
> i509?

Its been widely reported on this board and in other places that CSX has instituted a whole new symbol and schedule by day system for many of their merchandise trains which involves a different letter code other than the normal Q for each day of the week. Maybe you should consider using the search function to learn more about the topic before getting so pissy with the OP, or if the post is unclear to you, at least ask nicely for a clarification instead of acting like the OP owes you something. Asking for more information or a clarification is reasonable, but there's absolutely no need to be a jerk about it. (Was that clear enough for you?)

Posted from iPhone

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 12:57 by PittsburghMike.

Date: 04/24/15 11:51
Author: farmer

I is one of the new prefixes with the variable schedule.
I heard it was only one truck of a car unless there was two derailments.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/24/15 13:32
Author: P

It didnt appear to me that he was being a jerk.  The OP was pretty vague. 

Date: 04/24/15 13:52

my point being ... do ya see how the subject of the thread took a left turn ... had enough specific info been given the subject line would've been more on topic ...

now with that being said ... can someone give any details about what transpired and how that lead to this incident ...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/24/15 15:04
Author: SlwApprSlw

Let me clarify this post's location. I know exactly where this is for one simple reason: I used to live there. The derailment in reference is located at Defiance, OH off of the CSX mainline. The yard's named is referred to as "GM Yard" and Hires Rd is located on the west end of the yard ladder. At each end of the yard, there's control points named East Defiance and West Defiance off of the 1# main with Hires Rd located east of West Defiance control point with a hand throw crossover off the #1 main.

Trains involved: I509 (former Q509) Toledo (OH) to Garrett (IN) and the Y101 (Defiance Local).

The I509 normally works Defiance dropping off cars to GM Yard for local industries and interchange traffic for the Napoleon, Defiance, and Western (ND&W).  
The Y101 works the GM yard, ND&W interchange, and the local area industries.

In closing, I agree with a lot of the replies about the the lack of details. Sometimes, people get in a hurry and leave out some important details or just assume people know the area. It's always best to treat post as information as if no one has never been there before even though the information posted may seem redundant to the Orignal Poster.

Cass Telles 
"Slow-Approach-Slow" - 'Go by way of the B&O' 
Railroads of NW Ohio 
http://www.trainweb.org/rrnwoh 
My photostream on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctelles/

Date: 04/24/15 15:59

thankX CT for the detailed info ... as for posters not having time to post pertinent info ... just say so ... someone on here will usually have details to fill in the blanks but at the least posting of the US state of location is of great assistance to determining a location ...

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds