Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lehigh Line grade crossing upgrades

Date: 04/24/15 11:19
Lehigh Line grade crossing upgrades
Author: Pattenburg

Since the start of April NS has been upgrading two of the grade crossings along the Lehigh Line. The first crossing that was done was in Three Bridges, NJ (LEHL MP 48) the first week in April. NS excavated the old pavement and new asphalt was laid down to make for a smoother crossing for vehicles that use this Main Street crossing. NS 22V is seen passing through completed crossing on April 22. Note the new asphalt that is now in place. Currently being worked on is the Valley Road grade crossing in Hillsborough (LEHL MP 40). Both projects usually take about one week to complete depending upon the weather. NS 20E is seen passing through the Valley Road crossing on April 23.

Date: 04/24/15 12:12
Re: Lehigh Line grade crossing upgrades
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

Do you know if there are plans to re-do Roycefield Road, at the beginning of the second track?  That looks like a ripe location to hang up a low boy  trailer, etc

Date: 04/24/15 12:33

Haven't heard any word or seen any road signs notifying drivers of upcoming construction to the Roycefield Road grade crossing. If I do see or hear of something I will get back to you on your question.

Date: 04/24/15 13:28
Author: Out_Of_Service

what kind of crossing material did they use ... concrete tubs, rubber rail, concrete panels ???

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 13:46 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 04/24/15 13:36

I am assuming they replaced the asphalt and used rubber rail.

Date: 04/24/15 17:52
Author: elu34ch

I think they are tamping/ raising the crossing before surfacing the line.

Date: 04/24/15 18:00
Author: Out_Of_Service

elu34ch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they are tamping/ raising the crossing
> before surfacing the line.

tamping and raising IS surfacing the line ... that's why they call raising gangs "SURFACING GANGS"

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds