Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some trains while at Harris Tower on May 9th

Date: 05/20/15 19:44
Some trains while at Harris Tower on May 9th
Author: OCtrainguy

On May 9th, I made an Amtrak trip to Harrisburg with a friend of mine.  After arriving in Harrisburg, we made a trip to Harris Tower which was open that day for National Train Day.  While not my first visit there, the volunteers were very hospitable in showing the switchboard, having a few open windows and the scanner feed going.  After a brief lull, a few trains did roll by the tower.

1.  A yard crew taking a pair of engines for a spin so the 7503 could lead west
2.  A westbound intermodal rolls by.  I an not sure what train this was as we were told 21E (out of Morrisville) but I later saw a post on the Lehigh Line Yahoo Group that identified this train as NS 23M.  The power was NS 9866 and UP 8036.
3.  As the westbound intermodal passes, the engine move heads west as well

Date: 05/20/15 20:02
Re: Some trains while at Harris Tower on May 9th
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing the photos from Harris Tower,

4.  Another westbound train passing the tower

After that train passed, we headed over to the Appalachian Brewing Company for lunch.  Their food and craft beer and soda are very good and it's within easy walking distance from both the Amtrak station and Harris Tower.  I recommend grabbing a bit to eat there,  After lunch, it was back to Harris Tower.  Again after a brief lull, a few trains rolled by.

5.  A westbound mixed freight with three GP38-2s on it.  I would guess the geeps are going for servicing.  Not sure is this was 34A, 19G or another train.  
6.  Eastbound auto rack train 18N

Hope you enjoy.  The tower is definitely worth a visit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds