Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Chasing W&LE’s “Newest” Locomotive…

Date: 05/21/15 06:49
Chasing W&LE’s “Newest” Locomotive…
Author: StephenK

Hello everyone.  After school on Tuesday, I decided to pass by Gambrinus Yard to see what power was there.  To my surprise, WE 6349 was there, W&LE’s “newest” locomotive.  I was able to get a few pictures, but none without wires due to the location of the locomotive.  I decided to head home and listen to the scanner to see when it would depart.  After hearing that they were ready to leave the yard, I headed Kemary Ave Bridge with a view over the tracks.  After waiting a few minutes, it arrived.  Then I continued the chase to Navarre, OH, on Canal Street.  Due to a lot of homework, I decided to end the chase there.  I hope you enjoy the videos, and thanks for watching!  

Video 1 is WE 6349 and train passing under Kemary Ave, just outside Navarre, OH.
Video 2 is the second post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/15 06:53 by StephenK.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/15 06:50
Re: Chasing W&LE’s “Newest” Locomotive…
Author: StephenK

Video 2 is at Canal Street in Navarre, OH.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/15 07:41
Author: toledopatch

What has become of the previous WE 6349, which was an ex-KCS unit in their gray? Renumbered if/when repainted?

Date: 05/21/15 07:42
Author: FiveChime

Nice videos. Nice K5 horn also.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 05/21/15 09:39
Author: Poker2662

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What has become of the previous WE 6349, which was
> an ex-KCS unit in their gray? Renumbered if/when
> repainted?
>  

6349 was renumbered to 6982. And 6350 to 6981, with the current 6350 now being an ex-CITX unit. These two ex-KCS units were not origianlly SD40-2's and were moved to the new 6900 series of the roster that contains several engines that have all been rebuilt from SD40's to SD40-2's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds