Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX in Sidney, Ohio

Date: 05/21/15 16:18
CSX in Sidney, Ohio
Author: redwood

On a gray foogy Monday,  Took a nap break in Sidney, Ohio from driving back to Cincy from a Weekend foamfest at Deshler, Ohio.  Three CSX trains, one eastbound, one Westbound and a hopper train rounding the transfer track , cell phone calls and a lost PTI driver made sleep impossible.   Gary L.  Woods   Cincinnati Railroad Club member . 

Date: 05/22/15 06:42
Re: CSX in Sidney, Ohio
Author: OARC

interesting photos,  I personally have not been down there for years.   The Model railroad club long gone,  Station was said to be for sale but you had to move it back aways from the fence line.  Shame for an empty station going to pot.  Well built and what a grand inside.   Ya,  those P T I drivers are lost sheep most of the time.   A friend of mine drove for them only a few months and quit.   Big turnover in that job.   Thanks for stopping.   Mike in St Marys, Ohio

Date: 05/22/15 10:53
Author: wabash2800

Is that the same line that has the large concrete viatduct?

Date: 05/22/15 11:36
Author: redwood

Yes,  Viaduct to the east.  And ;  I to was PTI driver.  I am a Certified  FOAMER so, I loved the job.  Spent much time in the grave yard at the top of the hill with a B & O crew and would take an Indiana crew back to Avon yard.  A long night !  G. L.  Woods     

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds