Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Got some good "Z"s today...but not the "W"

Date: 07/03/15 16:55
Got some good "Z"s today...but not the "W"
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Got up this morning at 0510 to possibly go to Mansfield for the PRR but noticed that it hit Fort Wayne at 0300ish. so we "assumed" it would be slow going to Mansfield; man were we wrong !  Oh well...no biggie.   So my good friend Rob came down and we decided to do the Bayard line as we noticed a few 66Z's out of Mansfield.  FIrst picture is of the first 66Z with BNSF H1 leading at MP 58 on the Cleveland Single.  Second one is also from there but with the dairy farm in the frame and third on is a close up of the power on the 66Z...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 16:56 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 07/03/15 16:58
Re: Got some good "Z"s today...but not the "W"

Sun then came out so since Rob has never been done that line we gave chase.  Numbers four and five are from the bridge in Kensington then number six is at Summitville, Ohio...

Date: 07/03/15 17:04

Numbers seven thru nine are of the 66Z at Salineville, Ohio.  Trains are on an uphill climb here and speeds are about fifteen miles per hour...

Date: 07/03/15 17:11

Numbers ten thru twelve are of the second 66Z at PC 88.6 I believe; just east of Maximo, Ohio.  Number twelve is of the 66Z heading south on the Cleveland Single splitting the silos at the dairy farm...

Date: 07/03/15 17:14

Numbers thirteen and fourteen are of the 66W at Genoa Avenue in Perry, Ohio.  As mentioned best I could do as we did not anticipate this train making contrails across northern Ohio on the CF&E to Bucyrus, Ohio.  Have a good and safe Fourth of July everyone...my weekend to work.

Date: 07/03/15 21:19
Author: Markedup

The best you could do is pretty darn good !!
PRR lives. Kinda.

Thanks

Mark

Posted from Android

Date: 07/03/15 21:20
Author: SCKP187

Nice series. Great catch of the Heritage Unit leading--looks good even though a little dirty.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/04/15 04:06
Author: jmbreitigan

Very nice Carl. Can you shed any light on the track to the right in photo #7? Doesn't seem to get much use if any.
John 

Date: 07/04/15 08:54
Author: ns1000

Nice pics Carl!!

Date: 07/04/15 09:03

Used to be double track here at one time long ago. NS use to store empty spine cars here.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/04/15 10:56
Author: IRP

I'm glad you guys got 66W with the PRR! Great shots!

Nolan Majcher
Broadview Heights, OH
Nolan Majcher Photography

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0755 seconds