Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pennsy heritage today on the Ft. Wayne Line

Date: 07/03/15 17:11
Pennsy heritage today on the Ft. Wayne Line
Author: FL9

After getting an early morning heads up that a 66W oil train with the PRR heritage unit leading was coming across the Ft. Wayne Line today I dragged myself out of bed and headed west to go see it. I first shot it in Bucyrus and chased it to Mansfield. The train sat outside of Mansfield for an hour or so while they ran a 12V around it followed by a M5N going west. Fellow TO members MDH, toledopatch, RockIsland4310, and camcordersam were chasing as well, along with a handful of others. Here are three of several of my shots of it.

1 - A boy waves to the train from the window of his parents' car as 66W comes down the street-side trackage on the west side of Bucyrus

2 - Passing the grain elevator and position-light signals at North Robinson

3 - Splitting the signals at CP EAST CREST in Crestline

Date: 07/03/15 17:52
Re: Pennsy heritage today on the Ft. Wayne Line
Author: WLE2679

Nice catches and pictures with signals.   We tried for Orrville, but ended up at Smithville.  

Mike

Date: 07/03/15 19:09
Author: camcordersam

nice job on the photos and chase

Posted from Android

Date: 07/03/15 23:26
Author: robbie

Photo 2 is likely one of my favorites on this site in quite some time -- just perfect! If the Pennsy were still operating today, that's what I'd like to think it would be.... I wish I'd had the time and planning-ahead to get down to the CF&E today, as this would have been an amazing chase; thanks for so many photos, and hopefully we'll get the chance again sometime!

- Robbie

Date: 07/04/15 04:11
Author: jmbreitigan

PRR HU and some PRR signals. Can't get much better than that.
John

Date: 07/04/15 06:12
Author: OHfrog

With all that track work on this line, have they increased speeds? They were running what looked like 10 mph.

Date: 07/04/15 08:55
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pics 2 and 3!!

Date: 07/04/15 16:25
Author: joemvcnj

They seem to be confident enough of the track quality to risk running an oil train on it, however slow.

Date: 07/04/15 18:31
Author: FL9

OHfrog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all that track work on this line, have they
> increased speeds? They were running what looked
> like 10 mph.

Most of the line was upgraded to 40 MPH, but from what I heard a track inspection earlier this year resulted in a number of slow orders at various places.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds