Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Three Years Ago Today it Began

Date: 07/03/15 17:43
Three Years Ago Today it Began
Author: RDG630

Hard to believe NS showcased its Heritage Locomotive fleet at the Heritage Festival in Spencer, NC July 3-4, 2012. For someone like me who grew up with the PRR, RDG, PRSL, CNJ, LV, B&O and other eastern railroads in the late 1940's and early 1950's it has been a real photographic treat. Just when mainline ralroading variety shrunk to a few roads along came the multi-color heritage fleet  It has become a wonderful game and a challenge to capture all tweny lcomotives.  Being retired enabled me to get all twenty in 18 months time. The appeal is still there and the new challenge for me has been to get them all on the former Reading Company trackage. To date only the N&W has escaped me on the former Road of Anthracite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 17:44 by RDG630.

Date: 07/03/15 18:14
Re: Three Years Ago Today it Began
Author: wabash2800

Time does fly doesn't it.

Date: 07/03/15 18:58
Author: IRP

It sure does! I didn't realize that the Spencer, North Carolina event happened three years ago today and tomorrow.

Posted from iPhone

Nolan Majcher
Broadview Heights, OH
Nolan Majcher Photography

Date: 07/04/15 15:44
Author: Gonut1

I'm not retired and due to that small sticking point I have seen in tose three short years a grand total of one, the PRR, and that was at night. I guess missing the NS Heritage units is better than no income.
Gonut

Date: 07/04/15 16:16
Author: rhmich

And still being photographed as if it was day one.   At least most of the posted ones are titled as such so they can be skipped over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/15 16:19 by rhmich.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds