Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pacing the 765

Date: 07/27/15 04:53
Pacing the 765
Author: nkp746

This was an experiment...

My son and I decided to try a little pacing action of the 765 on Sunday. We were getting tired of the "grade crossing wedgies". The Youngstown line isn't rich in awesome scenic locations, but with some research I located a stretch that looked like it may provide a pacing opportunity. We got into the area early and even made a test run. I realize it isn't stellar, and this was our first attempt at this but we wanted to try something different. To us, the coolest part of steam is watching the drivers roll, the steam and the SOUNDS. So, I had my son hop in the back seat, turn towards the track and do his best as the 765 apprached. Kinda shaky, as I was trying to watch while driving and you may also hear the "in cab" communications. We had to thread a line of chasers then got passed by some impatient folks racing to the next crossing. I am sure some choice words may have been uttered about us.

The location is along Barclay North Rd north of Gustavus, OH. After this we decided to not follow the crossing hopping gaggle but went directly to Ashtabula.

A great day, especially since I was sharing it with my son.

Everyone have a great week,

Rob Bennett
Fairview, PA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/27/15 05:22
Re: Pacing the 765
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video!!

Date: 07/27/15 07:50
Re: Pacing the 765
Author: JPB

Very nice teamwork and results!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0565 seconds