Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Babbling Brook on Today's Amtrak No. 49

Date: 07/27/15 07:58
Babbling Brook on Today's Amtrak No. 49
Author: wabash2800

Both photos were taken in the a.m. at Waterloo, Indiana Today. About a half hour before the train showed up a pick-up truck pulls up and parks right in front of the depot. I thought, "Oh No!". The gentleman was there to clean the depot. I nicely explained what I was doing and he moved his truck. He was a real gentleman. No. 49 was about an hour late. Too bad about the newer signals, but oh well. I noticed the signal bridge to the west is still there but replacements are already in.

The former LS&MS/NYC Depot is painted in NYC colors. I helped the locals come up with the paint match many years ago when they moved it to the present location.

Reportedly, a million dolllar project with federal dollars is to move the depot back to track side near where it was originally located and revamp the current station stop including parking.

The bay window was knocked off in a derailment in the late 1950s but has since been replaced.

The building behind the Babbling Brook in the second photo is the old freight station,

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/15 08:25 by wabash2800.

Date: 07/27/15 11:58
Re: Babbling Brook on Today's Amtrak No. 49
Author: dschlegel

I love the first shot!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/27/15 15:12
Re: Babbling Brook on Today's Amtrak No. 49
Author: RFandPFan

Nice photos.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds