Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bellevue,Ohio Rail Fest 2015 Reminder

Date: 08/02/15 12:45
Bellevue,Ohio Rail Fest 2015 Reminder
Author: NorthernOhioRail

Spend a day of railfaning, train watching, and photography with the Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum, the largest rail museum in Ohio. On August 15th, we will be featuring our Kemper Rail Park for Rail Fest 2015. The action starts at 8AM, and we’ll host railfans for 24 hours of train watching. The Kemper Rail Park is situated at the West end of Norfolk Southern’s Bellevue Terminal, the largest classification rail yard on NS, and the 2nd largest in the United States. You’ll see trains headed to, and coming from Chicago, Fort Wayne, St Louis, Toledo, Detroit, Columbus, and nearby Sandusky. You’ll also see the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad come in and out of Bellevue. With the recent $160 million expansion, Bellevue has gained national attention from many media outlets
including rail publications like Trains Magazine, and even CNBC. Bellevue is expected to see more traffic this summer than ever before in its history. 100 train movements per day through this area is possible, with a variety of foreign locomotives as well. Porta Johns will be at the park for convenience, local restaurants will be offering specials and extended hours during the event. Extended hours will be offered at the museum as well.
After dark, portable lighting will be in place for nighttime photography. Night photos will be available at the museum also. All activities at the museum grounds will be available at regular admission price, $7 for adults, $6 for seniors, $4 for child 3-12, 3 and under are free. There is no admission to enjoy the Rail Park. Additional activities may be added.
Spend the day with us and enjoy Rail Fest 2015.

The Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum was opened in 1976 as a lasting bicentennial project featuring our local railroad heritage. It has since become the largest rail museum in Ohio. Operated by volunteers, and not publicly funded, the museum is a non-profit organization.

Also Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum have made arrangements with the Ohio State Highway Patrol and The Ohio Department on Transportation to close the outside southbound lane of State Route 4 above Moorman Yard from 10am to 1pm during Rail Fest on August 15th. Parking will be available along Smith Road. During this time, you will legally be permitted to take pictures from the overpass of the operations of the hump yard!

Date: 08/02/15 12:50
Re: Bellevue,Ohio Rail Fest 2015 Reminder
Author: Gumcoach

I'm looking forward to going up on the Route 4 bridge and watching the yard and hump.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/15 13:30
Author: IRP

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll try to be there.

Nolan Majcher
Broadview Heights, OH
Nolan Majcher Photography

Date: 08/02/15 14:07

IRP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll try to be
> there.

Your welcome I'm Planning to be there maybe i'll see u then

Date: 08/02/15 14:09
Author: ns2557

In you're statements, you say that Bellevue is the largest class yard on NS and second largest in the nation.  Are ya sure about this?   Conway is rather large and I would think give Bellvue a run for it's money. Enola is also a large yard. As for 2nd largest in nation, again, are ya quite sure about this?   Just curious.   Ben

Date: 08/02/15 15:19
Author: Shaggy

ns2557 Wrote:
> In you're statements, you say that Bellevue is the
> largest class yard on NS and second largest in the
> nation.  Are ya sure about this?   Conway is
> rather large and I would think give Bellvue a run
> for it's money. Enola is also a large yard. As for
> 2nd largest in nation, again, are ya quite sure
> about this?   Just curious.   Ben

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norfolk-southern-names-its-largest-freight-train-classification-yard-in-honor-of-wick-moorman-300095495.html

At Conway yard they took out a lot of tracks also their is only 1 hump working their now.

Mike

Date: 08/02/15 17:19
Author: camcordersam

Wouldn't it be great if Norfolk Southern was to display the 911 first responders unit at the railroad museum during that event!

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/15 19:03

camcordersam Wrote:
> Wouldn't it be great if Norfolk Southern was to
> display the 911 first responders unit at the
> railroad museum during that event!
>
> Posted from Android

That Would be Nice!

Jacob Schnee
Bellevue, OH
https://www.youtube.com/NorthernOhioRailroadAction

Date: 08/02/15 20:28
Author: turntable

Thanks for the info, hope to make this!

Date: 08/03/15 05:11
Author: camcordersam

Pizza House West Is an excellent place to eat As I had lunch there yesterday Their chicken parmesan is excellent!
CS

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds