Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Grafton & Upton RR - ops question

Date: 08/04/15 06:51
Grafton & Upton RR - ops question
Author: chrisbutts

Last I heard, the G&U starts their day at North Grafton in the mornings - is that still the case?  Anyone know what time they start?
Thanks... thinking of making a trip down there tomorrow.

Date: 08/04/15 20:46
Re: Grafton & Upton RR - ops question
Author: pennsy3750

Still the case.  I would be there by 8:30 - I got there a little after 9:00 a couple weeks ago, and they were already working the sidings behind Cumberland Farms on 140 in Grafton Center.

Date: 08/05/15 11:18
Re: Grafton & Upton RR - ops question
Author: tonyschul

I think they start earlier than that, around 7:00 AM in N. Grafton, drilling the yard and assembling their train.  They work from there to Grafton yard, and then up to W. Upton.  Around 3:00 PM, a second crew arrives at W.Upton and takes the train to Hopedale.  Once done there, they return everything to N. Grafton.  The addition of the storage yard in Grafton may have changed this procedure a little in the past 4 months.  Soon, they will have to service the propane racks in N. Grafton, so depending on when that happens, The train to Grafton and W.Upton will either run later, or they will have to add another job in N. Grafton.  This is a busy little shortline now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds