Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lancaster & Chester?

Date: 08/27/15 00:37
Lancaster & Chester?
Author: railwaybaron

I plan to ride the NS excursion Spencer to Ashville in October. While in NC I want to drop by the Lancaster & Chester. Any TOs know when the L&C trains are called? Thanks in advance!

Date: 08/27/15 09:05
Re: Lancaster & Chester?
Author: MDH

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any TOs know when the L&C trains are called?

Their morning crews are called at 0600 and generally on their power and working before 0700 from what I've seen.  I think they have one crew start at Chester and another at Lancaster, though as far as I can tell what they do on any given day is customer driven.  Generally I think the two jobs work towards Richburg and swap cars in the middle there.  They may do other things and other jobs may come on later in the day and work afternoon/evening but then the trick is finding where they're at or what's going on any given day.

Date: 08/27/15 10:00
Author: Fireman424

Mondays are normally extremely busy on the L&C both times I have been down there two jobs were working one time they swapped at Richburg just recently this summer I had one job working all the industries out by Beltline road and old Richburg road on the west end of the line and the road train came out of Chester and went all the way to the end of the line at Kershaw.Also state road 841 just east of Richburg goes down to a grain elevator with a L&C switcher at it. Hope this helps and once you get into Lancaster remember an old ex-Southern branch comes into town too so dont confuse it like I did with the L&C line.

Randy Allard

Date: 08/27/15 13:12
Author: lc-rwy

The L&C also just started running an afternoon job as well.  It goes on duty at 1:00 PM in Lancaster and usually will taxi out to relieve one of the  6:00 AM crews somewhere along the line.  Business has really increased and they are usually working 6 days per week most of the time now.  Of course weekend runs are usually with just one crew and there is no set start time.  Just this past Saturday they went on duty in Chester at noon and made a round trip run to Richburg and back.  Also, that new propane gas distributor that opened in Heath Springs on the former NS SB line to Kershaw has really been getting a lot of cars.   

Date: 08/27/15 18:20
Author: Tominde

railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I plan to ride the NS excursion Spencer to
> Ashville in October. While in NC I want to drop
> by the Lancaster & Chester. Any TOs know when the
> L&C trains are called? Thanks in advance!

What NS excursion to Asheville in Oct????

Date: 08/27/15 22:43
Author: ctillnc

Not an NS excursion, but an excursion running on NS. 
http://nctrans.org/Events/Autumn-Train-Excursions-2015.aspx

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds